Re: I may have found a good deal at Harbor Freight.

Tim Spurgeon

Brothers:

Harbor Freight has 23 of the 900 peak/700 running watts 2 cycle gas recreational generators left for $89 (reg$127). I was told that I could get money back, if not satisfied with the product, within 90 days of purchase. My one reservation is what kind of AC waveform these cheap generators put out. So I am going to buy a couple, and test one out with my oscilloscope, to see what it looks like. I will let you know what I find out. If this works, I could have used this during our recent Field Day exercises; certainly an option to solar cells and 12 volt batteries, if gasoline and 2-cycle oil is available.

The following is email address for the product:
http://www.harborfreight.com/900-peak700-running-watts-2-hp-63cc-2-cycle-gas-generator-epacarb-60338.html

More later.

73

Tim(W0TES)