Re: Field Day trivia question

paul watt

Thanks to everyone that responded to Fred's inquiry!  After talking with Fred yesterday I really like the end fed dipoles for HF use.  Easy setup and take down yet effective and stealthy.  I will ket you guys know what I end up getting.

Thanks again and '73 to all
Paul KE0IKG

On Jul 14, 2018 11:28 PM, Fred Dittrich <fdittric@...> wrote:
Alex

Thanks for the information. I'm sure Paul is listening and I expect that he will add this to his research.

At 08:07 PM 7/14/2018, you wrote:
Fred,

I believe that I was one of the end feds you scanned. (Thanks again by the way!).

Mine was the mfj model

http://www.mfjenterprises.com/Product.php?productid=MFJ-1982MP

On Jul 14, 2018, at 7:25 PM, Fred Dittrich <fdittric@...> wrote:

Mike

Thanks for the suggestion.

At 07:21 PM 7/14/2018, you wrote:
You might research HFedz Antennas. I just received the HFedz 6m-80m. May not install for awhile. Mike, km0mvr.

From: Fred Dittrich <fdittric@...>
Date: 7/14/18 18:21 (GMT-06:00)
To: main@cmra.groups.io
Subject: [CMRA] Field Day trivia question
Hi
At Field Day this year I scanned one or two end fed half wave
dipoles. At that time I was not interested in that antenna design so
I did not memorize the make/model(s) of any I scanned and did not
save any such scans.
I'm helping Paul KE0IKG to get on HF. The problem is that he rents a
downstairs only apartment which greatly limits his antenna choices,
and has a landlord who has in the past grouched at his dual band
antenna hoisted up in a 40-50 ft tree in his back yard.
Question: What was the make/model of that/those end fed dipoles which
I scanned at Field Day? I think that would be invisible unless it was
pointed out.