Re: National Testing Exercise

John W. Smith

I was in Nebraska City, NE, this afternoon when the alert went out. My
wife and son each got an alert on their phones. My crummy little phone
was turned off and nothing came through when I turned it on later.

John, KC0HSB

On 10/2/2018 10:10 AM, Bill McFarland wrote:

Group, FYI:

  The IPAWS National Test September 17, 2018 The Federal Emergency
Management Agency (FEMA), in coordination with the Federal
Communications Commission (FCC), will conduct a nationwide test of the
Emergency Alert System (EAS) and Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEA) on
the backup date of October 3, 2018 due to ongoing response efforts to
Hurricane Florence. The WEA portion of the test commences at 2:18 p.m.
EDT, and the EAS portion follows at 2:20 p.m. EDT.
https://www.fema.gov/emergency-alert-test

I think it would be interesting to get an informal poll here about
this test. Did you get anything? Was the message clear? did your
friends wonder what was going on? etc...
This message came to you from
John Wesley Smith
kc0hsb@...
Find musings of an eclectic pilgrim at