Re: [bcares] National Testing Exercise

Bill McFarland - N0AXZ

Well Hank,
Since almost everyone else reports receiving the alert,  (I even got it down here in AR!) do you have any ideas why you did not? Like no cell service, uncooperative carrier??
Bill

On Wed, Oct 3, 2018 at 5:58 PM Henry Taylor <hank008@...> wrote:

We didn't get anything.  We wonder how many others failed?  If it's lots, that's an important fact.  Thanks, Bill, for suggesting we report in.

Hank

On 10/02/2018 10:10 AM, Bill McFarland wrote:

Group, FYI:

  The IPAWS National Test September 17, 2018 The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), in coordination with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), will conduct a nationwide test of the Emergency Alert System (EAS) and Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEA) on the backup date of October 3, 2018 due to ongoing response efforts to Hurricane Florence. The WEA portion of the test commences at 2:18 p.m. EDT, and the EAS portion follows at 2:20 p.m. EDT. https://www.fema.gov/emergency-alert-test

I think it would be interesting to get an informal poll here about this test. Did you get anything? Was the message clear? did your friends wonder what was going on? etc...

Bill -- N0AXZ

BCARES -- EC