Re: J-pole dimensions using 450-ohm window line

Ernest Shaw <ernest_s@...>

Related,
Does anyone have a stockpile of 450 - ohm window line they are looking to sell off short sections? Or are we best off going online and ordering our own stash?

Ernest

On Oct 10, 2018, at 12:41 PM, Fred Dittrich <fdittric@...> wrote:

Hi

The subject of j-poles constructed out of window line came up at lunch. From my notes of 4/1/16 here are the dimensions to center on 146 MHz as measured from the bottom and verified by my AA-600:

Where: Unmolested window line is at the bottom and one conductor only continues above that section.

Short the "bottom" of the j-pole, and measure up from there:
30 mm from bottom - this is the 50 ohm coax attachment point
453 mm from bottom - this is where you remove one of the conductors all the way to to the top
1402 mm from the bottom - this is the top of the j-pole

Enjoy