From: main@CMRA.groups.io <main@CMRA.groups.io> on behalf of John Beatty <jebeatty@...>
Sent: Friday, February 8, 2019 4:25:10 PM
To: main@cmra.groups.io
Subject: Re: [CMRA] SSTV experiment on International Space Station (ISS) today through Sunday 2/10

Gary, it might be this one.
It’s a purchase but the program has been in use for a while.

On Fri, Feb 8, 2019 at 4:19 PM Gary Vaught - W9TIG <gdv.pops@...> wrote:
Ralph had an app on his 'droid phone that seemed to do a pretty good job.  I was just wondering if anyone had a better one or if I could get the name of the one Ralph was using.

On Fri, Feb 8, 2019 at 3:52 PM Chris Swisher <Komu8ce@...> wrote:
ISS sighting information. One pass per day it appears for our area. https://spotthestation.nasa.gov/sightings/view.cfm?country=United_States&region=Missouri&city=Columbia#.XF35Ojp7m70 Gary, I'm not sure about Android specific apps, but you could record the audio and play it into MMSSTV on a Winders PC.https://hamsoft.ca/pages/mmsstv.php

On Fri, Feb 8, 2019 at 3:39 PM Gary Vaught - W9TIG <gdv.pops@...> wrote:
Can anyone recommend a decent-to-good SSTV app for Android?

On Fri, Feb 8, 2019 at 3:30 PM John Beatty <jebeatty@...> wrote:

Announcing ARISS/NOTA Slow Scan TV Event

ARISS News Release                                                                                                  No. 19-02

Copied from AMSAT.org .  I will listening on 145.800.  If anyone hears the ISS please let us know.  73, John - NO0I
Feb 2, 2019:

ARISS is planning another of their popular Slow Scan Television (SSTV) experiment events. Transmissions are scheduled to begin Friday, Feb. 8 at 14:00 UTC and run through Sunday, Feb. 10 at 18:30 UTC. SSTV operations is a process by which images are sent from the International Space Station (ISS) via ham radio and received by ham operators, shortwave listeners and other radio enthusiasts on Earth, similar to pictures shared on cell phones using twitter or instagram.

When this event becomes active, SSTV images will be transmitted from the ISS at the frequency of 145.80 MHz using the SSTV mode of PD120 and can be received using ham radio equipment as simple as a 2 meter handheld radio or a common shortwave or scanner receiver the covers the 2 meter ham band. After connecting the audio output of the radio receiver to the audio input of a computer running free software such as MMSSTV, the SSTV images can be displayed.

Transmissions will consist of eight NASA On The Air (NOTA)
images (see https://nasaontheair.wordpress.com/). In additional, four ARISS commemorative images will also be included.

Once received, Images can be posted and viewed by the public at http://www.spaceflightsoftware.com/ARISS_SSTV/index.php. In addition, you can receive a special SSTV ARISS Award for posting your image. Once the event begins, see details at https://ariss.pzk.org.pl/sstv/ .

Please note that the event is dependent on other activities, schedules and crew responsibilities on the ISS and are subject to change at any time. Please check for news and the most current information on the AMSAT.org and ARISS.org websites, the AMSAT-BB@..., the ARISS facebook at Amateur Radio On The International Space Station (ARISS) and ARISS twitter @ARISS_status.