Re: Dstar

KC0EZE Ernest Shaw

Thanks for the note Corey, that reminds me that I should announce that K0PHP and I have been doing a little work on the Dstar machine.  I think it is in a place where it might be worth doing some testing to see how it it is preforming.  If you have the ability to test, please let us know how it works.  There is still work to be done, in particular on the server side, for example the SSL cert has issues, and needs to be replaced, but is safe to use if you want to login to the gateway.  There are other issues that need addressed as well, but I thought it might be worth letting the list know that the machine is up and on the internet, and as Corey notes, is linkable to other systems.

73,

KC0EZE

On Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 8:49 AM John Beatty <jebeatty@...> wrote:
Great Corey.  Thanks for the update.

On Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 8:13 AM Corey via Groups.Io <kc0yns=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Had a fun evening yesterday, Thought I’d see if anyone was on the Dstar machine, Put my call out, No body was listening on wx0bc
Changed to Ref0001C  Heard I guy from New York calling, Think we had a 30 min QSo,  afterwards a guy from Saudi Arabia called hz1zh, We had a nice conversation. Afterward a UK m6wea called, We talked for awhile.
Almost forgot how much fun it is to work DX and have a decent QSO, Even if it was a computer assist.

Corey.