Re: Looking for HT antenna

Gary Vaught - W9TIG

Thanks, John.

On Tue, May 7, 2019 at 2:33 PM John Beatty <jebeatty@...> wrote:
Gary, here’s a source for a replacement HT antenna.  It’s not a commercial enterprise per say, but it’s been favorably reviewed. I bought one and it was an improved experience over the stock antenna on my Baofeng.  The site also has some good general background notes on HT antenna performance.

John - NO0I

On Tue, May 7, 2019 at 2:08 PM Gary Vaught - W9TIG <gdv.pops@...> wrote:
Hey guys,
I'm wanting a bit better performance out of my HT without being tied to my maggie mount, sitting in the truck.

Anybody got any advice regarding what I should do when shopping around?
Anything to look for?  Anything to stay away from?

I know a lot of guys go the "buy and try" route, so they've got a box of HT antennae in their shack and for some it's a rite of passage.  My issue is that my box if currently full of holsters, and my bank account reflects that...  I just don't have the resources or space to go through that, so I'm hoping to benefit from someone else's experience.