Re: Looking for HT antenna

steve vanvickle

Are you looking for VHF, UHF or dual band?
73,
VAN
WØZE

On Tue, May 7, 2019 at 3:12 PM Chris Swisher <Komu8ce@...> wrote:
John is knowledgeable on many fronts, not the least of which is ergonomics and efficiency of RF radiators. Check out his page at http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_Antennas.php for "best" antennas for that HT.

On Tue, May 7, 2019 at 2:08 PM Gary Vaught - W9TIG <gdv.pops@...> wrote:
Hey guys,
I'm wanting a bit better performance out of my HT without being tied to my maggie mount, sitting in the truck.

Anybody got any advice regarding what I should do when shopping around?
Anything to look for?  Anything to stay away from?

I know a lot of guys go the "buy and try" route, so they've got a box of HT antennae in their shack and for some it's a rite of passage.  My issue is that my box if currently full of holsters, and my bank account reflects that...  I just don't have the resources or space to go through that, so I'm hoping to benefit from someone else's experience.