Re: Question

Gary Vaught - W9TIG

I had a similar product (not this brand/model) and it charged once, then died dead after sitting 6 months and never would hold a charge after that.  I believe it was also from horrible freight.

“It’s time to start living the life you’ve imagined.”

Enough is enough. There is no need to be living a life that you hate anymore. Nobody is going to get you the life that you want, it is up to you to work for it and achieve it. It is time to start living the life that you see every time you close your eyes. – Henry James

On Mon, Sep 9, 2019 at 11:29 PM kc0pah <kc0pah@...> wrote:
I have had three similar units (also lead acid not Ni-CAD or Lithium-Ion) They work well when charged initially but do not hold a charge nearly as well or as long as one would like.
I have heard the more expensive Lithium-Ion packs hold a charge better and last longer, but cost double that or more.
I even put a 12v feed to a lead acid jump kit I had in the back of the Range Rover and that one died after less than a year and a half.
YMMV

Mike KC0PAH

On Mon, Sep 9, 2019 at 11:13 PM paul watt <pbw65@...> wrote:
Has anyone used one of these before?  It looks like a nice universal tool that could serve many tasks as part of a go kit.  Not really sure HbrFr is the best place to buy one but seeing it got me to thinking as a "nice to have" for the go bag.  Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Paul KE0IKG