Re: Winlink Exercise

John Beatty

I’d like to give it a try Bill.

John – NO0I

From: main@CMRA.groups.io [mailto:main@CMRA.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gary Vaught - W9TIG
Sent: Monday, January 13, 2020 6:45 AM
To: main@cmra.groups.io
Subject: Re: [CMRA] Winlink Exercise

I think this is a great idea.  I'll have to check in on it once I finish my classes.

-
Best Regards,
Gary D Vaught

We can engineer a solution to nearly any problem you can accurately define.

- somewhat anonymous

On Sun, Jan 12, 2020 at 9:14 PM Ralph Howard <wd6bgn@...> wrote:

Oky doky from the shack, i might have a chance w

With the main rig.

Ralph Howard

WD6BGN

From: main@CMRA.groups.io <main@CMRA.groups.io> on behalf of Henry Taylor <hank008@...>
Sent: Sunday, January 12, 2020 9:06:11 PM
To: main@CMRA.groups.io <main@CMRA.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CMRA] Winlink Exercise

Count me in.  I am a bit familiar with Winmor on Pactor on 80 meters.  I'll look into what I have to do to be on 2 meter.  All advice gratefully accepted.

Hank

大胡子

On Jan 12, 2020, at 8:26 PM, Bill McFarland - N0AXZ <billmcfarland10@...> wrote:

Group,

I wonder if anyone else would like to practice getting your Winlink capabilities to work from your shack, as opposed to what I tried to get done from your mobile devices at the last SET?

I am thinking of one night we would all get on an appropriate 2M  frequency and play an e-mail chain-letter game. We would be using the Peer-to-Peer feature of Winlink Express. I would send email to A P2P. The email would have instructions as to what to add to the message. A sends that message to B, B sends to C, etc..

The last station in the ring would send the email back to me and we would discuss how the process worked out for each of us. I think I remember that there were about 10 participants in the SET that were going to try Winlink, but only 5 were successful. 

More practice could help improve our capabilities, and from the comfort of our home, we might have a good time. 

What I am asking in this email is how many players do we have? Just email me with in the next week if your are interested. If you need help setting up your station to do Winlink, let us know and some help could be on the way.

--

Bill N0AXZ

--
W9TIG

Gary Vaught

Join main@CMRA.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.