Re: Winlink Exercise

Bill McFarland - N0AXZ

Alright. We are up to 5. Still taking names.
N0AXZ

On Tue, Jan 14, 2020 at 10:36 PM Ernest Shaw <ernestcshaw@...> wrote:
I'm game!

EZE

On Sun, Jan 12, 2020 at 8:26 PM Bill McFarland - N0AXZ <billmcfarland10@...> wrote:
Group,
I wonder if anyone else would like to practice getting your Winlink capabilities to work from your shack, as opposed to what I tried to get done from your mobile devices at the last SET?
I am thinking of one night we would all get on an appropriate 2M  frequency and play an e-mail chain-letter game. We would be using the Peer-to-Peer feature of Winlink Express. I would send email to A P2P. The email would have instructions as to what to add to the message. A sends that message to B, B sends to C, etc..

The last station in the ring would send the email back to me and we would discuss how the process worked out for each of us. I think I remember that there were about 10 participants in the SET that were going to try Winlink, but only 5 were successful.

More practice could help improve our capabilities, and from the comfort of our home, we might have a good time.

What I am asking in this email is how many players do we have? Just email me with in the next week if your are interested. If you need help setting up your station to do Winlink, let us know and some help could be on the way.

Bill