Re: This was really great thanks

paul watt

James,
I use a KG-UV9D as my primary HT and they are great radios!  They are durable, easy to program and sound good.  Wouxun has a variety of options for it as well.  I bought mine at the link listed below.  I've owned it for 4 years now and its never let me down.  I would recommend that you buy a good aftermarket dual band antenna for it to fully maximize the radio.  I hope that helps.
Paul KE0IKG

https://www.buytwowayradios.com/consumer/amateur-radios.html

On Mar 24, 2020 07:07, James Wiles <wilesjw@...> wrote:

Being newly Hammed, and looking for a dual band radio,this Baofeng is appealing because I they’re cheap. But I guess you get what you pay for.  I want to make the right choice and not buy junk.  I don’t understand harmonics, but this article explains some of it, and now I’m think or looking at this Wouxun KG-UV9D, please if you have suggestions and where to buy, it would be most appreciated. I don’t have a call sign yet but I go by JW and my email address is wilesjw@...

Thanks