Re: This was really great thanks

Mike Morgan

I have three hand held. Two baofengs and one wouxoun.   Seating about ten foot from the paper shredder, I can turn it on using my baofengs. I don't have that problem with the wouxoun. When doing this low tec., test, I am using programmed repeater frequencies. Now you can analyze this all you want. That is my story and I am staying the course.

From: "Hank" <hank008@...>
To: "main" <main@CMRA.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2020 2:35:32 PM
Subject: Re: [CMRA] This was really great thanks

Good, now we're on the same page.

泰 勒
大胡子

On Mar 24, 2020, at 1:26 PM, Chris Swisher <Komu8ce@...> wrote:

For any operations other than Part 97 (Amateur), that is correct. Some Wouxouns are Part 90 Type accepted, but none are Part 95 (GMRS) or Part 97 type accepted that I am aware of. I would be very careful on possessing any radio that transmits on emergency response agencies frequencies, but that is my opinion. Again, the radio itself is not illegal, but operation on unlicensed frequencies with non-type accepted transmitters is illegal.

On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 1:15 PM Boback <RNAckerman@...> wrote:
It is my understand that if it does not have a FCC number displayed, it is illegal.

On 3/24/2020 11:51 AM, Chris Swisher wrote:
Mike,
Could you show me where the Baofeng is illegal?

On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 11:39 AM Mike Morgan <cavecritter@...> wrote:
I recommend the Wouxun. The Beofeng is illegal. You might invest in the longest antenna you can find. 73', km0mvr.