Re: Missouri QSO

James Whitehill

Thanks to Bill for the reminder.  Yesterday, I assembled and tested a 2 element wire yagi aiming northeast/southwest, with a resulting tested 6 db gain over my dipole.  That bone crushing cw signal on 40 you hear may be N0SSM running 100 watts.

BTW, last year in the MOQP, I made 117 QSOs on 80-40-20 cw, easily. (brag)  It's a different kind of fun for me to be the target of a pileup!

Jim, N0SSM

On Fri, Apr 3, 2020 at 8:49 PM Bill McFarland - N0AXZ <billmcfarland10@...> wrote:
Group,
Since we are all shut in the house for a while, we might have some time to play RADIO!

K0PHP, NO0I, N0SSM and I have been discussing how we would try to work the Missouri QSO Party tomorrow, and have decided to enter as a club, (CMRA).

That just allows all our scores to be accumulated in the contest as a club entry, as well as individual entries of our own logs.

If you have never entered a contest before, this is an excellent starting point. You can try some digital (probably not FT8), SSB or CW on the common ham bands.
Read the instructions and rules at:  http://w0ma.org/index.php/missouri-qso-party
Now think about logging your QSOs into the "template log" they have there, (call NO0I for help) and did you get that our exchange is BOO?
If you have a logging program, especially if it accommodates contests use that, not the spreadsheet on the BEARS site.

It begins at 9:00 AM tomorrow. You don't have to work all day, just how ever much time you want to spend. We will be monitoring 146.76 for help and support.
It goes til 11:00 PM Saturday, and after a pause, begins again Sunday at 9:00 PM and runs to 4:00 PM.

Have fun, stay safe, and wash your hands.
See you on the radio.