Re: K0SI-10 down this morning

Bill McFarland - N0AXZ

Thanks Bob. I’ll look into it. The ECC IT will be upgrading our computers to W10 sometime. Hope that will help. :)
Bill N0AXZ

On Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at 10:06 AM Boback <RNAckerman@...> wrote:
You might want to setup the Win 7 PC to reboot everyday, say 3am, or at least weekly. That is, if everything starts up automatically upon reboot. Instructions can be found on the internet. That usually resolves many issues with PCs that remain on all the time.

Bob
N6VZO

On 4/15/2020 10:03 AM, Bill McFarland - N0AXZ wrote:
K0SI-10 back up. Windows 7 crash.
Bill

On Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at 9:25 AM Bill McFarland - N0AXZ via groups.io <billmcfarland10=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Fred,
Looks like the computer is locked up. TNC answers but the computer is in Neverland.
I will be out there later this morning for the SHARES net and will look at it.
bill N0AXZ

On Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at 8:52 AM Fred Dittrich <fdittric@...> wrote:
Hi

*** Starting to call K0SI-10
*** Opening serial port COM9; 9600 baud; Kantronics
*** Connecting to K0SI-10
*** CONNECTED TO K0SI-10

Using Winlink Express, when I hit the Stop button it then says:

*** Forced disconnect
*** Disconnected at 2020/04/15 13:49:23

*** Disconnect reported.

Bill