Re: How many HTs?

Gary Vaught - W9TIG

Thanks for all of the answers!

I'm currently sitting on my AnyTone D868-UV, my Yaesu FT-60, and a BaoFeng BF-F8HP.  All are dual-band, as most HTs are these days.  The AnyTone and the BaoFeng are both dual monitor.

I'm thinking that I can setup the Yaesu for the 61 repeater, the BaoFeng for the 76 repeater and monitor the 155 "open" transmissions or a weather alert freq, and have the AnyTone set for a couple of DMR channels that I haven't quite nailed down, as yet.  This would allow me to cover all of the bases (that I'm invested in) with my HTs.  I had thought that maybe it was a bit silly to have 3 at one time, but I'm beginning to see that isn't the case.

We can engineer a solution to nearly any problem you can accurately define.

- somewhat anonymous

On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 11:14 AM Corey <kc0yns@...> wrote:
Greeting Everyone,  I’m only actively using one,Maybe two HT’s.  Although like Ralph I’m probably sitting on at least twelve maybe more.  I even have a really old Kenwood dual band rigs when new sold for over five hundred dollars, it can do cross band repeat, along with many other features ahead of its time.     Corey

Corey Mesenbrink KC0YNS
RRI. Radio Relay International
Assistant EC for Boone County Mo.
Missouri Traffic Net 3.963