Re: VE Testing Proposal

Jon Cole

I have one confirmed to attend and just e-mailed the three others who have been waiting the longest.  I have two others that have shown interest that I have not e-mailed yet.  I also e-mailed the ARRL to update our test session listing on their website.

Jon Cole, N0OFJ

On Friday, May 29, 2020, 8:26:43 AM CDT, AD0UK <kc0sjs@...> wrote:

So do you have the 4 candidates already - do we have more that have contacted you?  What is the status of the applicants?

73

Brian
ADØUK

On Fri, May 29, 2020 at 7:38 AM Jon Cole via groups.io <colepls=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Yes, Tuesday June 16th at 7:00 PM by appointment only.

Jon Cole

On May 28, 2020, at 9:30 PM, Fred Dittrich <fdittric@...> wrote:

 Jon

I just want to verify that the next test session will be June 16.

Fred

At 09:06 PM 5/28/2020, you wrote:
Ok. We have enough VEs. I am going to sign up four people to take the exam. I’ll send them emails tomorrow to get things going and sort the exam materials over the weekend.

Jon Cole

On May 28, 2020, at 6:09 PM, Big Jon via groups.io <ad0ze=pm.me@groups.io> wrote:

I am in.

Sent from ProtonMail Mobile

On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 14:15, Jon Cole via groups.io < colepls@...> wrote:
Hello to our VEs,

I am proposing to offer testing this month in the parking lot for my office at 914 N. College Avenue, Columbia, on our usual third Tuesday at 7:00 PM.  This will be an outdoor test session offered by reservation only.  I expect to open it to only three people the first time so that we can work the kinks out.  I am proposing that we offer the tests only if the Boone County Health Department is currently authorizing groups of 10 or more.  If they clamp down on meetings/group sizes, we automatically cancel.

The test session will be held outdoors for now.  Chris K0PHP has offered to supply a tent and tables and chairs that are easily wiped down, along with suitable spray sanitizer and paper towels.  I will prepare packages for testing ahead of time and safely file/mail the paperwork afterwards.  I will try to bring some bottles of hand sanitizer, but highly recommend that you bring some as well.  Masks will be required for all people attending and disposable gloves are recommended to cut down on seriously drying out the skin on your hands.  There is a dumpster in the parking lot for disposing of used items on-site.

If you are a VE and are willing to participate in a test session based on the previously distributed guidelines and the above addendum, please let me know so that I can contact some of the people in our backlog and set up some appointments.  If you have suggestions, let me know as well.  If this session goes well, we can schedule other dates and times to try to work our way through the backlog of interest.

Thanks!

Jon Cole, N0OFJ
VE Liaison

ColePLS@...