Re: FCC fees for Amateur radio services

Tim Spurgeon

FCC, are you kidding me?

You know, it is not the so much the money as it is the lack of respect the HAM community gets for its hard work:

We spend our time and money to pass examination for Tech., General, and Extra,
We spend our money and time to purchase our radios, antennas, power supplies, go kits,
We spend our money and time to be prepared for times of emergency,
We spend our time and money to participate in CMRA and BCARES club activities,
We spend our time and money to join and participate with Boone County Emergency organizations,
We spend our time and money to join and participate with S.E.M.A.
We spend our time and money to join and participate with F.E.M.A.
We spend our time and money to pass S.E.M.A. and F.E.M.A. training classes and tests,
(as many of these courses I have taken, reimbursement has been offered to police, firefighters, and first responders in the class
for travel, lodging, and food; I have paid my own way for the same.)
We spend out time and money to practice our skills in radio sport through S.E.T.s and Field Days,
We spend out time and money to learn radio theory of computer aided radio, Software Defined Radio, and Morse Code,
We spend our time and money to Elmer new HAMs and some of us through serving as V.E.,
We spend our time away from wives, husbands, and kids.

If the Federal government wants to regulate and control the radio waves in its jurisdiction, the least it can do is not stand in our way
and make it harder on us and make it more expensive to be ready for public service. They should be ashamed of this proposal!

Keep this up, FCC, and I will take my toys and go home!

Sincerely,

Tim E. Spurgeon
"Expecting the best; prepared for the worst."