Re: FCC fees for Amateur radio services

AD0UK

 Better upgrade as far as you can go, as soon as you can if you are going to - looks like the upgrades will cost you as well.  Get to Extra and only pay it once, before its too late!!!  That's my 2 cents.

73

Brian
ADØUK

On Sat, Aug 29, 2020 at 8:56 PM Jon Cole via groups.io <colepls=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
The FCC fees have varied widely over the last few decades. I was frankly surprised when they were reduced to zero and I assumed it was only a matter of time before they raised it again. I think that less is better, but even if they charge $100, it would only be $10 a year. Annoying but not bad. I was more concerned with the cost of an official copy of your license.

Jon Cole, N0OFJ

On Aug 29, 2020, at 7:22 PM, Ralph Howard <wd6bgn@...> wrote:

I hold every individule radio liscense avaiable from the FCC.  The comerical liscenes now never expire.  But I had to pay for them.  Perhaps the FCC is going to do the same for Amature Radio.  Ie a lifetime license.
We used to pay a fee for ham and CB liscense.

So we have been lucky for the past few years.  Times change.

Ralph Howard
WD6BGN