Re: Two Meter Opening

John Beatty

Nice job Chris.   Really wishing I had a beam!

From: main@CMRA.groups.io <main@CMRA.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chris Swisher
Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2020 8:50 AM
To: main@CMRA.groups.io
Subject: [CMRA] Two Meter Opening

There has been a major opening to the east coast on VHF. It started last night and is still active. Even with my modest 20 watts on USB FT8 into a vertical pair of yagis, I confirmed a 778 mile contact into eastern Virginia. I was into a FM repeater in Wauseon, OH that was being received at 10 over S9 here. Some fun is available if interested. https://pskreporter.info/pskmap.html and http://aprs.mennolink.org/ have excellent graphical displays of where it it hot!