Re: K0SI packet down?

Ryan Raney

Hi Fred,

MMJY is a mersweb packet node in Centralia on 145.070. it's linked to a similar node in Jefferson City called MJEF on the same frequency. There used to be two other nodes that would make the trip over to STL but they appear do be down indefinitely.

These nodes allow low power stations to relay through them to reach nodes or winlink servers they couldn't reach otherwise. For instance you can connect to my packet node KE5SUI-14 through them if you can't hit it directly.

To send your winlink packets through MMJY you'll have to change your connection type from direct to script. Then the line below will no longer be greyed out. Next click add script. A new window will pop up, this is where we'll set up the connection script to jump through the node. Go ahead and name the script something memorable like K0SI-10 via MMJY. Next in the body of the script enter the following:

C MMJY
CONN
C K0SI-10
CONN

Now click save. Make sure your new script is selected in the connection script drop-down and click start.

Once you're done with the test remember to set your connection mode back to direct or you will always go through MMJY, which I don't advise unless you have to.

Thanks!
-Ryan KE5SUI

On Wed, Sep 16, 2020, 5:37 PM Fred Dittrich <fdittric@...> wrote:
Ryan

What is MMJY?

At 05:36 PM 9/16/2020, you wrote:
Hi Fred,

Due to terrain and distance i've never been able to hit K0SI-10 directly. If you have a chance could you try through MMJY?