Re: K0SI packet down?

John Beatty

I would like a packet round table/chat net.  I’m in.

73, NO0I

From: main@CMRA.groups.io <main@CMRA.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ryan Raney
Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2020 7:09 PM
To: main@cmra.groups.io
Subject: Re: [CMRA] K0SI packet down?

Excellent, I saw you join the chat. I said hi but looks like you left before you saw it. I'll work on making the connect message a bit more intuitive for first time users soon.

Thanks for giving it a go. If there's any interest in doing a packet net in the node chat at some point in the future that could be interesting.

I'm working on getting a friend in Moberly up and running on packet so hopefully we'll have another player soon

73

On Wed, Sep 16, 2020, 7:06 PM John Beatty <jebeatty@...> wrote:

Hi Ryan, I made it.  I haven't been on packet in like forever.  But the circuit from my qth to you via MMJY is aces. Using Easy Term.

Will try again soon.  73, John - NO0I

On Sep 16, 2020, at 5:26 PM, Ryan Raney <ryanraney@...> wrote:

Hi John, feel free to jump on any time. It should be reachable reliably from MMJY almost 24/7 right now unless I'm messing around with settings over here. The SSID is KE5SUI-14, I've had good luck using EasyTerm by UZ7HO or using AGWterm, with either going to my soundcard tnc software.

On Wed, Sep 16, 2020, 4:36 PM John Beatty <jebeatty@...> wrote:

Ryan, I am currently away from my shack.  But I would like to test connecting to your bbs for your and my benefit. I am typically successful connecting via MMJY.  I can give it a shot later this evening.

Thanks, John - NO0I

On Sep 16, 2020, at 4:07 PM, Ryan Raney <ryanraney@...> wrote:

I'm still having trouble with K0SI-10, it took over 50 tries yesterday to receive a short message from Bill. Today Its acting even more strange.

Previously while connecting through MJEF or MMJY i could see them send a disconnect to K0SI-10 on my behalf under the call KE5SUI-15, though neither reported it to my winlink client so it sat there and timed out.

Today i'm monitoring my bpq32 node in columbia remotely from jefferson city and i see after my winlink client has timed out K0SI-10 and KE5SUI-15 are going back and forth trying to do God knows what. I get an error that K0SI-10 is busy when I retry.

Is this a problem only for me? I can't hit K0SI-10 directly and I know I'm probably one of the few using MJEF and MMJY but it's making winlink just about useless for me.

I'd appreciate any help anyone can provide

Thanks!
-KE5SUI Ryan