Re: MJEF and K0SI-10

Ryan Raney

Hi Bill,

No, both MJEF and MMJY are unreliable for me. Both send a disconnect packet to K0SI-10 from "KE5SUI-15" which I did not send.

Sometimes, everything is fine. Most times it fails in the middle of a transfer with my winlink client sitting there waiting for a response which will never come because MMJY or MJEF have sent a disconnect command to K0SI-10.

On Sun, Sep 20, 2020 at 7:30 PM Bill McFarland - N0AXZ <billmcfarland10@...> wrote:
Ryan,
Just to make sure I understand. From your Jeff work place VHF  to K0SI-10 is not good through MJEF. But from your home via MMJY to K0SI-10 is functioning. (At least that is my experience).
Bill N0AXZ

On Sun, Sep 20, 2020 at 6:14 PM Ryan Raney <ryanraney@...> wrote:
Hi Bill,

Thanks for the testing you've done. Unfortunately I can't figure out where things are messing up. I'm not sure if it's winlink sending a command mmjy/mjef running TheNet X-1J4 are interpreting incorrectly or what. If i just do simple packet connections to KE5SUI-14 through MMJY/MMJY6/MJEF6/MJEF I have no problems, but with winlink MJEF and MMJY send a disconnect command to K0SI-10 or KE5SUI-10. Maybe it will be patched in a future release of Winlink, but i've had about enough troubleshooting of this so I'm going to give up on vhf winlink for now.

--
Bill