Re: I found a universal battery charger dropped by MFJ.

Tim Spurgeon

CMRA gang and Richard (W6RKK):

Several years ago, I bought a universal battery charger, mainly for the purpose of recharging Li-ion 18650 batteries that came in my Rig Expert AA600.

It wasn't until a week ago I tried a new feature on the charger; to charge alkaline AAA batteries. Over a couple of days I slowly recharged three batteries
out of one of my flashlights, and sure enough it worked. I don't know any more than it worked on alkaline batteries that I use every night.
I don't know how many recharge cycles I can get from alkaline batteries, but I did get one, so the price I paid for the AAA batteries is now halved. I am
pleased.

When I went to the MFJ catalogue, the recharger was no longer listed.

However, I found it on Amazon and WalMart listed as: Universal Smart Battery Charger, or search for FC997, approximately $37 (don't get the batteries).
Then you will be set up to recharge any small battery commonly used in your gear.

I know that we should not use our CMRA site to sell stuff. However, batteries are part of our gear that we all must have for radio sport
and I thought this information would be useful. It has sure helped me!

73

Tim E. Spurgeon
W0TES