Re: I found a universal battery charger dropped by MFJ.

Tim Spurgeon

Bob,

Thanks for the reply. What amazes me is that this is not widely known.
It is like a secret that battery makers don't want us to know, so we keep
buying more "use once" batteries.

The key, as you also discovered, is to keep alkaline batteries from getting
too hot during the charging process. So why were battery chargers not
available 40 years ago, with timers that would allow short term charging,
followed by a timed cool down? Think of the money and resources that
could have been saved - money that went into the battery companies'
pockets. I am very pleased with the MFJ battery charger that I purchased
several years ago, and I am glad that I found the same charger (different name)
still being sold by another name on Walmart/Amazon.

73

Tim E. Spurgeon