Re: Field Day trivia question

H Jacobson

Hi Fred:

I think mine may have been the other you scanned.  It was a Par End Fed 40/20/10.  It was a qrp antenna.  I've worked into Europe with it on 3 watts, SSB.  It helps to get it as high as possible, of course.

I currently am using an 49:1 balun from Balun Designs with a 134 foot wire attached.  It resonates on 80/40/20, and tunes easily on the higher bands.

73.

Hal, N8HSD

On Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 09:28:54 AM CDT, Fred Dittrich <fdittric@...> wrote:

Alex

Thank you for the memory jog. I am pondering a better solution to Ralph KE0AJE's mobile home park location than his current Comet mobile HF antenna so he can work the whole world. Implementation is subject to park management veto of course.

At 08:58 AM 7/20/2021, you wrote:

Fred. I remember you scanning my end fed antenna. A few years back. I’ve included the link below. Hope that helps.

https://mfjenterprises.com/products/mfj-1984mp

Alex Gray
W0RAG

On Jul 20, 2021, at 12:26 AM, Fred Dittrich <fdittric@...> wrote:

Hi

About 5 years ago at field day I scanned two end fed antennas. The results were so surprising to me that I did not take note of their make/model. I wonder if anyone might remember that?