Re: Field Day trivia question

Byron Sherman

Good ideas. I have had the zig zag work well. Also, a group called Spiro used to sell a shortened dipole. If he has an auto tuner, it might be able to end feed half of a shortened dipole. wes ab0se

On 2021-07-23 22:03, Ralph Howard wrote:
Is there room to zig zag a wire. Perhaps 3-4 ft above the roof of the
trailer? It is wonky, but the auto tuner should figure it out.

Get Outlook for Android [2]

-------------------------

FROM: main@CMRA.groups.io <main@CMRA.groups.io> on behalf of Fred
Dittrich <fdittric@...>
SENT: Friday, July 23, 2021 9:33:23 PM
TO: main@CMRA.groups.io <main@CMRA.groups.io>
SUBJECT: Re: [CMRA] Field Day trivia question

Hal

Thanks a lot for the make/model.

It turns out that Ralph is limited by his park management and does
not have the space for even a 40 end fed.

At 05:51 PM 7/23/2021, you wrote:

Hi Fred:

I think mine may have been the other you scanned. It was a Par End
Fed 40/20/10. It was a qrp antenna. I've worked into Europe with it
on 3 watts, SSB. It helps to get it as high as possible, of course.

I currently am using an 49:1 balun from Balun Designs with a 134
foot wire attached. It resonates on 80/40/20, and tunes easily on
the higher bands.

73.

Hal, N8HSD

On Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 09:28:54 AM CDT, Fred Dittrich
<fdittric@...> wrote:

Alex

Thank you for the memory jog. I am pondering a better solution to
Ralph KE0AJE's mobile home park location than his current Comet
mobile HF antenna so he can work the whole world. Implementation is
subject to park management veto of course.

At 08:58 AM 7/20/2021, you wrote:

Fred. I remember you scanning my end fed antenna. A few years
back. I̢۪ve included th the link below. Hope that helps.

https://mfjenterprises.com/products/mfj-1984mp [1]

Alex Gray
W0RAG

On Jul 20, 2021, at 12:26 AM, Fred Dittrich <fdittric@...>
wrote:

Hi

About 5 years ago at field day I scanned two end fed antennas.
The results were so surprising to me that I did not take note of
their make/model. I wonder if anyone might remember that?

Links:
------
[1] https://mfjenterprises.com/products/mfj-1984mp
[2] https://aka.ms/AAb9ysg