Re: SET - NOVEMBER 6, 2021

Bill McFarland - N0AXZ

Bob,
Sorry you are done with Windows. I don’t know any happy Mac or Linux users with WinLink Express and a VARA installation.
We like to use WinLink to send ICS forms in support of Emcomm agencies where the internet has been disrupted. WinLink has many forms built in. We also attach files as long as they aren’t too big. We support a VHF PACKET Winlink gateway and an HF gateway running ARDOP and VARA HF protocols at our ECC.

Bob, I know you may not be interested in all that but I am very glad to see your initiative and it gives me a chance to review WL on this CMRA groups.io. :)

Good luck and you don’t have to use WinLink to participate in the SET.

Bill. N0AXZ

On Sun, Oct 3, 2021 at 10:59 AM Boback <RNAckerman@...> wrote:

I looked up WInLink and downloaded the software. Since I am a Linux user, I following their instructions to install, but WinLink is not working properly. Still working on the issue.

Bob, N6VZO

P.S. After supporting Windows in all it's flavors over 38 years, I am done with Windows.

On 9/30/21 1:29 PM, Bill McFarland - N0AXZ wrote:
Thanks Bob. I should have indicated that you don’t have to be a member of either club to participate in the SET. I’ll put you on the list with your mobile. Do you do WinLink?

Much more info to come as we work out the plan.
Bill N0AXZ

On Thu, Sep 30, 2021 at 11:54 AM Boback <RNAckerman@...> wrote:

I am not a club member, considering joining once this COVID crap settles down and you met again, but I would like to participate. I have both mobile and HT.

Bob Ackerman

N6VZO

On 9/30/21 11:27 AM, Bill McFarland - N0AXZ wrote:
Group,
The annual Simulated Emergency Test (SET) is coming up.There has been some great planning for this exercise in our county Office of Emergency Management group organized around Earthquake response in Boone County. We are also involving some MU campus sites in the exercise.

We need some more amateur radio operators for this SET. Below is the list of the volunteers I have so far. (If you told me you wanted to participate, and don't see your call - I'm sorry I missed it).

Please respond to this email if you can play Saturday morning, Nov 6.

All operators are welcome. We use VHF/UHF radios, and we will tell you what to do in response to our calls. There is a place for HTs in this exercise.
If you can't leave the house, but you could use your radio that morning, we could maybe use you as a relay station.

AD0UK – Brian
AD0ZE – Jon
K0MIZ – Jim
K0PHP – Chris