If you bring your setup, I'll bring my laptop and Kenwood D72 and see if I can see what kind of decode we get.

73,
KC0EZE

On Mon, Dec 13, 2021 at 2:20 PM Boback <RNAckerman@...> wrote:

Well, I spoke to soon. I didn't get anything with Winlink to work. I failed to realize that I had "Telnet Winlink" selected and it connected through the Internet. I insured the internet was turned off, and I tried all my experiments with 2 different TNC's. I set Winlink back to "Packet Telnet". When testing on the Mobilinkd I can see the lights flashing as if it is trying to transmit, but the radio doesn't transmit (I have two radios and monitoring on other). I also have a MFJ TNC-X Packet Controller, connected to my base unit, that appears to work, I can hear the transmitter transmitting, yet no connection is made.

The many videos I have watched do the same thing I see in computer videos while I was working. They talk about a subject but the gloss over contents that they assume the viewer already knows. Those missing pieces are what I think I am missing.

Bob N6VZO

On 12/12/21 9:02 AM, Ralph Howard wrote:
Bob
Glad to hear it is working for you.  I only got my Moblnkd T2 to half work.  But my sound card interface is working.  I will bring it along to see if I can connect with Vara.
See you then.
Ralph
WD6BGN

From: main@CMRA.groups.io <main@CMRA.groups.io> on behalf of Boback <RNAckerman@...>
Sent: Sunday, December 12, 2021 8:53:37 AM
To: main@CMRA.groups.io <main@CMRA.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CMRA] Winlink exercises

Well, after much trial and error, I got Winlink to work, both with my Mobilinkd/ID-51A HT, as well with my mFJ TNC-x Packet Controller/ID-4100A base unit. SInce it works with my ID-4100A, I suspect it will work with my ID-5100A mobile unit.

Thanks everybody for the help. I will still be at the meeting on Tuesday. Suggestions for parking at the new location?

Bob, N6VZO

On 12/10/21 9:43 AM, Ralph Howard wrote:
Just something else to check.
When you are connected, slow blink.  Can you see some new ports in the device list.  Mine shows 2 like com:11 and Com:12.  Only one works.  If I pick the wrong one I have to reset everything.  Pull battery to reset the TNC.  Then in Settings, remove the TNC and do a search and reconnect.  Ugh
I did get.my T2 to connect to my RMS port.  It did all the hand shaking but would not pass any data.  The T3 is supposed to cure that.
Ralph