Re: What do you think of this radio? Thanks for the info.

silveyd@...

Sounds good, and like good advice. Thank you, Bob.

Hoping you think the radio sends and receives well, controls make sense and all that.  If you want to give feedback on that stuff, I'm happy to hear your thoughts.  My guess is you have way more experience than me overall.  The price seems good, and with a car charger seems like it could go anywhere and be used from home.  Would be much easier than trying to set up the old 40W Radio Shack mobile unit I got from a friends dad.  40W sounds good but heavy, and back lights are half gone.

DMR seems like a neat and pretty easy thing to talk around the world (as least they way they describe in their promo video, LOL) and that'd be cool.  Mainly I want a really good very mobile unit.  Thanks again.  Email me any time and if I get one I'll report back!!!

David.  KE0-CYS