Date   

Winlink Wednesdays

Bill McFarland - N0AXZ
 

Group,
Have you heard of Winlink Wednesdays?
I find that it has been going on for several years in some places. I thought we should try it our for our would be Winlink users.

It's purpose is to give the Winlink user a chance to practice and keep your Winlink operation going. If you are like me, I forget how to do something when I don't do it after a time (like a couple of days sometimes). Winlink Express software is updated regularly and the forms in the Templates section are updated often. You have to open Winlink Express to get these updates.

So I am asking the Winlink users to "check-in" to the Winlink Wednesday net with WX0BC.  That means for you to send a Winlink message to WX0BC, any time on Wednesday. The message should be the Winlink Check-in form found under Templates: Standard: General:. 

You can send the message anyway you like to get to the Winlink system. Locally, we have K0SI-10 (VHF-Packet), or on HF (K0SI 80M or 40M Ardop), or you can use any RMS gateway you can get to. And if you have trouble getting the message out RF, you can even use Telnet. Just address it to WX0BC.

On Thursday I will send a summary of our check-ins to the those whose check-ins I received at WX0BC. Some Winlink Wednesday nets have grown to more than 100 check-ins. I am NOT wanting that, just get the Central Missouri Winlnk users a chance to practice, so if we get a disaster that asks us to send data via Winlink we will be ready.
Thanks,\73,
--
Bill N0AXZ


Re: How many HTs?

Gary Vaught - W9TIG
 

Thanks for all of the answers!

I'm currently sitting on my AnyTone D868-UV, my Yaesu FT-60, and a BaoFeng BF-F8HP.  All are dual-band, as most HTs are these days.  The AnyTone and the BaoFeng are both dual monitor.

I'm thinking that I can setup the Yaesu for the 61 repeater, the BaoFeng for the 76 repeater and monitor the 155 "open" transmissions or a weather alert freq, and have the AnyTone set for a couple of DMR channels that I haven't quite nailed down, as yet.  This would allow me to cover all of the bases (that I'm invested in) with my HTs.  I had thought that maybe it was a bit silly to have 3 at one time, but I'm beginning to see that isn't the case.

-
Best Regards,
Gary D Vaught

We can engineer a solution to nearly any problem you can accurately define.

- somewhat anonymous



On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 11:14 AM Corey <kc0yns@...> wrote:
Greeting Everyone,  I’m only actively using one,Maybe two HT’s.  Although like Ralph I’m probably sitting on at least twelve maybe more.  I even have a really old Kenwood dual band rigs when new sold for over five hundred dollars, it can do cross band repeat, along with many other features ahead of its time.     Corey


Corey Mesenbrink KC0YNS
RRI. Radio Relay International
Assistant EC for Boone County Mo.
Missouri Traffic Net 3.963
ARRL, ORS, OES, NTS,



--
73
W9TIG

Gary Vaught


Re: How many HTs?

Corey
 

Greeting Everyone, I’m only actively using one,Maybe two HT’s. Although like Ralph I’m probably sitting on at least twelve maybe more. I even have a really old Kenwood dual band rigs when new sold for over five hundred dollars, it can do cross band repeat, along with many other features ahead of its time. Corey


Corey Mesenbrink KC0YNS
RRI. Radio Relay International
Assistant EC for Boone County Mo.
Missouri Traffic Net 3.963
ARRL, ORS, OES, NTS,

On May 11, 2020, at 8:36 AM, Gary Vaught - W9TIG <gdv.pops@gmail.com> wrote:

Hey folks,
I'm just curious how many HTs most of us are "running"? I got all of my chargers stationed near my office area and now I've got 3 fully charged (or charging) HTs.

Is this normal in our group?
--
73
W9TIG

Gary Vaught



Re: How many HTs?

Scott Vince
 

Yeasu FT 3D and Anytone 878
Scott 
W9EQD 
73


On May 11, 2020, at 10:46, paul watt <pbw65@...> wrote:


I've got 2, a wouxun and a anytone.  At some point I want to get another a one but right now I'm good 
Paul KE0IKG

On May 11, 2020 08:36, Gary Vaught - W9TIG <gdv.pops@...> wrote:

Hey folks,
I'm just curious how many HTs most of us are "running"?  I got all of my chargers stationed near my office area and now I've got 3 fully charged (or charging) HTs.

Is this normal in our group?
--
73
W9TIG

Gary Vaught





Re: How many HTs?

paul watt
 

I've got 2, a wouxun and a anytone.  At some point I want to get another a one but right now I'm good 
Paul KE0IKG

On May 11, 2020 08:36, Gary Vaught - W9TIG <gdv.pops@...> wrote:

Hey folks,
I'm just curious how many HTs most of us are "running"?  I got all of my chargers stationed near my office area and now I've got 3 fully charged (or charging) HTs.

Is this normal in our group?
--
73
W9TIG

Gary Vaught





Re: How many HTs?

Tim Spurgeon
 

Gary,

I have four; no intent on buying more.

73

Tim
W0TES

**************************************************

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gary D. Vaught" <gdv.pops@gmail.com>
To: "main" <main@cmra.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, May 11, 2020 9:10:59 AM
Subject: Re: [CMRA] How many HTs?

Thanks, Ralph! I feel a bit more comfortable about having more than I can
operate at any one time...

I doubt that I'll get more anytime soon, but at least I can get these setup
to cover my immediate needs.

-
Best Regards,
Gary D Vaught

We can engineer a solution to nearly any problem you can accurately define.

- *somewhat anonymous*


On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 9:06 AM Ralph Howard <wd6bgn@hotmail.com> wrote:

A little light. :)
I think I still have every HT I ever owned. Rough guess...12? A gagle of
Baofengs, flock of Wouxum, kenwood, tyt, Anytone, aircraft, marine, and
CB. And even an over the shoulder Drake 2m rig.
Whew,


Ralph Howard
WD6BGN


Re: How many HTs?

Gary Vaught - W9TIG
 

Thanks, Ralph!  I feel a bit more comfortable about having more than I can operate at any one time... 

I doubt that I'll get more anytime soon, but at least I can get these setup to cover my immediate needs.

-
Best Regards,
Gary D Vaught

We can engineer a solution to nearly any problem you can accurately define.

- somewhat anonymous



On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 9:06 AM Ralph Howard <wd6bgn@...> wrote:
A little light.  :)
I think I still have every HT I ever owned.  Rough guess...12?  A gagle of Baofengs, flock of Wouxum, kenwood, tyt, Anytone, aircraft, marine, and CB.  And even an over the shoulder Drake 2m rig.
Whew,


Ralph Howard
WD6BGN


--
73
W9TIG

Gary Vaught


Re: How many HTs?

Ralph Howard
 

A little light.  :)
I think I still have every HT I ever owned.  Rough guess...12?  A gagle of Baofengs, flock of Wouxum, kenwood, tyt, Anytone, aircraft, marine, and CB.  And even an over the shoulder Drake 2m rig.
Whew,


Ralph Howard
WD6BGN


From: main@CMRA.groups.io <main@CMRA.groups.io> on behalf of Gary Vaught - W9TIG <gdv.pops@...>
Sent: Monday, May 11, 2020 8:36:01 AM
To: main@CMRA.groups.io <main@CMRA.groups.io>
Subject: [CMRA] How many HTs?
 
Hey folks,
I'm just curious how many HTs most of us are "running"?  I got all of my chargers stationed near my office area and now I've got 3 fully charged (or charging) HTs.

Is this normal in our group?
--
73
W9TIG

Gary Vaught




Re: CMRA Christmas Party Plans

Gary Vaught - W9TIG
 

I agree with Bill, HyVee has been good to us in the past. I enjoyed my time at last year's event, but it was a bit less than ideal with them (OG) being unprepared to deal with us. Then we were all split up into separate tables that made a challenge of socializing outside of two or three other people.

--
73
W9TIG
Gary Vaught


How many HTs?

Gary Vaught - W9TIG
 

Hey folks,
I'm just curious how many HTs most of us are "running"? I got all of my chargers stationed near my office area and now I've got 3 fully charged (or charging) HTs.

Is this normal in our group?
--
73
W9TIG

Gary Vaught


Subscribe

Lyons, Jesse J.
 

Jesse Lyons WX0K CMRA member


Re: CMRA Christmas Party Plans

Bill McFarland - N0AXZ
 

Brian,
I would vote for HyVee again.
bill n0axz

On Sat, May 2, 2020 at 9:03 PM AD0UK <kc0sjs@...> wrote:
I would like to open the floor for recommendations for venues to hold the Annual Christmas Party for CMRA in December and start working on getting the reservations and planning started so we don't have an event like last year.  Look forward to your input, we will discuss this and start the process as soon as we have some ideas.  HyVee has been placed back on the options list - IF, and ONLY IF the guarantee that we don't have the same service we have receive the last few times. So take that into consideration while submitting your recommendations.


73


Brian
ADØUK



--
Bill N0AXZ


Medical lectures explaining social networking in disease tracking

Fred Dittrich
 

Hi

If you have ever been curious about how medical science analyzes disease outbreaks with emphasis on tracking social contacts you will enjoy this two part lecture given last September 2019:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwVDJVbw10k Preventing the Next Pandemic: Lecture 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWk3MlN0CJs Preventing the Next Pandemic: Lecture 2

73

Fred AE0FD


Re: CMRA Christmas Party Plans

Gary Vaught - W9TIG
 

I guess I missed something.  What was the issue with the service the last few years?

-
73,
Gary D Vaught


On Sat, May 2, 2020 at 9:03 PM AD0UK <kc0sjs@...> wrote:
I would like to open the floor for recommendations for venues to hold the Annual Christmas Party for CMRA in December and start working on getting the reservations and planning started so we don't have an event like last year.  Look forward to your input, we will discuss this and start the process as soon as we have some ideas.  HyVee has been placed back on the options list - IF, and ONLY IF the guarantee that we don't have the same service we have receive the last few times. So take that into consideration while submitting your recommendations.


73


Brian
ADØUK


--
73
W9TIG

Gary Vaught


April Meeting Minutes

John W. Smith
 

Minutes for April's meeting are available at https://k0si.net/cmra-meeting-minutes/ . Click on April for 2020 to view or download.


73,


John, KC0HSB



--
This message came to you from
John Wesley Smith
kc0hsb@centurytel.net
Find musings of an eclectic pilgrim at
https://johnwesleysmith.com/


Old Caravelle Radio

Bill McFarland - N0AXZ
 

Group,
In case any one has some nostalgic connection with this old toy radio. 
Bill N0AXZ

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Harter, Donald R. <HarterD@...>
Date: Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 2:16 PM
Subject: Old Caravelle Radio
To: billmcfarland10@... <billmcfarland10@...>


Bill,

I am attaching pictures of an old Caravelle Radio.

Would the club have any use for it, maybe a youth member?

I am glad to donate if you would welcome it and put to good use.

Thank you,
Don Harter
445-3258

Sent from my Verizon Motorola Smartphone
--
Bill


Re: Monthly meeting and Field Day

Gary Vaught - W9TIG
 

Bill,
I've had the same issue for the past 6 weeks, I have to check the calendar daily to find out which day of the week it is and what I'm doing that day.

-
73
Gary D Vaught



On Mon, May 4, 2020 at 10:23 AM Bill McFarland - N0AXZ <billmcfarland10@...> wrote:
Thanks Garry,
I am having trouble know what day it is during these times.  CMRA club meeting next Tuesday is what I meant in this discussion. 
Bill

On Mon, May 4, 2020 at 8:57 AM Gary Vaught - W9TIG <gdv.pops@...> wrote:
Just to clarify, the club meeting THIS Tuesday is  BCARES, CMRA will have their meeting next week.

I'm looking forward to hearing what comes from the meeting.

-
Best Regards,
Gary D Vaught

We can engineer a solution to nearly any problem you can accurately define.

- somewhat anonymous



On Sun, May 3, 2020 at 4:36 PM Bill McFarland - N0AXZ <billmcfarland10@...> wrote:
Brian, and club,

The ARRL has made suggestions relating to doing Field Day differently this year. I am not sure what to plan for at this time. I will hope to get a good selection of comments at our Club meeting on the air (already different) this coming Tuesday night. Here is the latest from the ARRL on the subject:

2020 ARRL Field Day is June 27-28

ARRL Field Day is always held on the 4th full weekend in June.


Follow 2020 Field Day preparations with the stories below (more stories will be added every few weeks, so check back):


With 2020 ARRL Field Day – one of the biggest events on the Amateur Radio calendar – just about 12 weeks away, ARRL officials are monitoring this situation with the coronavirus very closely and paying close attention to all of the information and guidance being offered by the CDC's Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html).

At its core, Field Day is a local event and an opportunity for local amateur radio clubs to showcase the skills, science and technologies that make radio communication such a wonderful hobby and a valuable public service. Since the impact of the coronavirus outbreak has been very different in different parts of the country, we recommend that all amateur radio clubs participating in Field Day be in regular contact with their local or state public health officials for their advice and guidance on hosting Field Day activities. This also offers an opportunity for amateur radio clubs to bolster or re-establish their relationships with local and state public health and emergency management officials.

Because of the unique circumstances presented this year, this can be an opportunity for you, your club and/or group to try something new.  Field Day isn't about doing things the same way year after year - use this year to develop and employ a new approach that is in line with our current circumstances.

Local club officials are the most appropriate people to be making decisions about their specific Field Day programs. We are all concerned about protecting the health and safety of those participating in or attending Field Day activities, and so we trust local club officials to take the appropriate steps to monitor local conditions and make decisions in the best interest of their communities.

ARRL officials strongly believe that following the guidelines of local, state and national health care professionals will help ensure everyone's safety in the coming weeks and months. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Take the link to the April 21 letter and see that they are suggesting individual efforts in the name of the club.

It is hard  to imagine that we will be completely in the clear, and therefore expect to do what we always have done for Field Day. I will ask our ARES District coordinator if he knows of any other club's plans. I would like to see an accurate interpretation of the current "lifting" of some restrictions for Boone County that goes into effect tomorrow. I know they contend social distancing is still in force. 

I wish I knew what the situation would be at the end of May! At this point, I think my statement is: If they are having MLB with fans in the stands (Go Cards), we will have our Field Day much as we "normally" do. Short of that, I am not sure at this time what to plan for. (One idea that has come is to identify 5 different venues (my house, your house, Cosmo Park, RB Park, and some other good outdoors place e.g.) and assign 5 hams to each site and do Field day in a distributed processing manner.)  

It seems like for our club, FD has been very much a social time, and not a demanding  radio operational time (hard to get operators to sign up for a time on the radio making contacts), so the club might not want to do anything, if we can't all meet at RB Park and socialize around radios and food.

I am looking forward to seeing what the club wants to do for 2020-The year of COVID-19.

Bill N0AXZ--


On Sat, May 2, 2020 at 9:00 PM AD0UK <kc0sjs@...> wrote:
We are still planning on field day this year, Bill (NØAXZ) Please comment on what you might need for this, we will discuss it at the monthly meeting - which we will be on the 146.760 repeater again this month - with hopes to come back together in June.  We need to kick off the planning and ensure we have people aware that we are planning to operate for this event. 


73

Brian
ADØUK



--
Bill N0AXZ


--
73
W9TIG

Gary Vaught

--
Bill


--
73
W9TIG

Gary Vaught


Re: Monthly meeting and Field Day

Bill McFarland - N0AXZ
 

Thanks Garry,
I am having trouble know what day it is during these times.  CMRA club meeting next Tuesday is what I meant in this discussion. 
Bill

On Mon, May 4, 2020 at 8:57 AM Gary Vaught - W9TIG <gdv.pops@...> wrote:
Just to clarify, the club meeting THIS Tuesday is  BCARES, CMRA will have their meeting next week.

I'm looking forward to hearing what comes from the meeting.

-
Best Regards,
Gary D Vaught

We can engineer a solution to nearly any problem you can accurately define.

- somewhat anonymous



On Sun, May 3, 2020 at 4:36 PM Bill McFarland - N0AXZ <billmcfarland10@...> wrote:
Brian, and club,

The ARRL has made suggestions relating to doing Field Day differently this year. I am not sure what to plan for at this time. I will hope to get a good selection of comments at our Club meeting on the air (already different) this coming Tuesday night. Here is the latest from the ARRL on the subject:

2020 ARRL Field Day is June 27-28

ARRL Field Day is always held on the 4th full weekend in June.


Follow 2020 Field Day preparations with the stories below (more stories will be added every few weeks, so check back):


With 2020 ARRL Field Day – one of the biggest events on the Amateur Radio calendar – just about 12 weeks away, ARRL officials are monitoring this situation with the coronavirus very closely and paying close attention to all of the information and guidance being offered by the CDC's Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html).

At its core, Field Day is a local event and an opportunity for local amateur radio clubs to showcase the skills, science and technologies that make radio communication such a wonderful hobby and a valuable public service. Since the impact of the coronavirus outbreak has been very different in different parts of the country, we recommend that all amateur radio clubs participating in Field Day be in regular contact with their local or state public health officials for their advice and guidance on hosting Field Day activities. This also offers an opportunity for amateur radio clubs to bolster or re-establish their relationships with local and state public health and emergency management officials.

Because of the unique circumstances presented this year, this can be an opportunity for you, your club and/or group to try something new.  Field Day isn't about doing things the same way year after year - use this year to develop and employ a new approach that is in line with our current circumstances.

Local club officials are the most appropriate people to be making decisions about their specific Field Day programs. We are all concerned about protecting the health and safety of those participating in or attending Field Day activities, and so we trust local club officials to take the appropriate steps to monitor local conditions and make decisions in the best interest of their communities.

ARRL officials strongly believe that following the guidelines of local, state and national health care professionals will help ensure everyone's safety in the coming weeks and months. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Take the link to the April 21 letter and see that they are suggesting individual efforts in the name of the club.

It is hard  to imagine that we will be completely in the clear, and therefore expect to do what we always have done for Field Day. I will ask our ARES District coordinator if he knows of any other club's plans. I would like to see an accurate interpretation of the current "lifting" of some restrictions for Boone County that goes into effect tomorrow. I know they contend social distancing is still in force. 

I wish I knew what the situation would be at the end of May! At this point, I think my statement is: If they are having MLB with fans in the stands (Go Cards), we will have our Field Day much as we "normally" do. Short of that, I am not sure at this time what to plan for. (One idea that has come is to identify 5 different venues (my house, your house, Cosmo Park, RB Park, and some other good outdoors place e.g.) and assign 5 hams to each site and do Field day in a distributed processing manner.)  

It seems like for our club, FD has been very much a social time, and not a demanding  radio operational time (hard to get operators to sign up for a time on the radio making contacts), so the club might not want to do anything, if we can't all meet at RB Park and socialize around radios and food.

I am looking forward to seeing what the club wants to do for 2020-The year of COVID-19.

Bill N0AXZ--


On Sat, May 2, 2020 at 9:00 PM AD0UK <kc0sjs@...> wrote:
We are still planning on field day this year, Bill (NØAXZ) Please comment on what you might need for this, we will discuss it at the monthly meeting - which we will be on the 146.760 repeater again this month - with hopes to come back together in June.  We need to kick off the planning and ensure we have people aware that we are planning to operate for this event. 


73

Brian
ADØUK



--
Bill N0AXZ


--
73
W9TIG

Gary Vaught

--
Bill


Re: Monthly meeting and Field Day

Gary Vaught - W9TIG
 

Just to clarify, the club meeting THIS Tuesday is  BCARES, CMRA will have their meeting next week.

I'm looking forward to hearing what comes from the meeting.

-
Best Regards,
Gary D Vaught

We can engineer a solution to nearly any problem you can accurately define.

- somewhat anonymous



On Sun, May 3, 2020 at 4:36 PM Bill McFarland - N0AXZ <billmcfarland10@...> wrote:
Brian, and club,

The ARRL has made suggestions relating to doing Field Day differently this year. I am not sure what to plan for at this time. I will hope to get a good selection of comments at our Club meeting on the air (already different) this coming Tuesday night. Here is the latest from the ARRL on the subject:

2020 ARRL Field Day is June 27-28

ARRL Field Day is always held on the 4th full weekend in June.


Follow 2020 Field Day preparations with the stories below (more stories will be added every few weeks, so check back):


With 2020 ARRL Field Day – one of the biggest events on the Amateur Radio calendar – just about 12 weeks away, ARRL officials are monitoring this situation with the coronavirus very closely and paying close attention to all of the information and guidance being offered by the CDC's Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html).

At its core, Field Day is a local event and an opportunity for local amateur radio clubs to showcase the skills, science and technologies that make radio communication such a wonderful hobby and a valuable public service. Since the impact of the coronavirus outbreak has been very different in different parts of the country, we recommend that all amateur radio clubs participating in Field Day be in regular contact with their local or state public health officials for their advice and guidance on hosting Field Day activities. This also offers an opportunity for amateur radio clubs to bolster or re-establish their relationships with local and state public health and emergency management officials.

Because of the unique circumstances presented this year, this can be an opportunity for you, your club and/or group to try something new.  Field Day isn't about doing things the same way year after year - use this year to develop and employ a new approach that is in line with our current circumstances.

Local club officials are the most appropriate people to be making decisions about their specific Field Day programs. We are all concerned about protecting the health and safety of those participating in or attending Field Day activities, and so we trust local club officials to take the appropriate steps to monitor local conditions and make decisions in the best interest of their communities.

ARRL officials strongly believe that following the guidelines of local, state and national health care professionals will help ensure everyone's safety in the coming weeks and months. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Take the link to the April 21 letter and see that they are suggesting individual efforts in the name of the club.

It is hard  to imagine that we will be completely in the clear, and therefore expect to do what we always have done for Field Day. I will ask our ARES District coordinator if he knows of any other club's plans. I would like to see an accurate interpretation of the current "lifting" of some restrictions for Boone County that goes into effect tomorrow. I know they contend social distancing is still in force. 

I wish I knew what the situation would be at the end of May! At this point, I think my statement is: If they are having MLB with fans in the stands (Go Cards), we will have our Field Day much as we "normally" do. Short of that, I am not sure at this time what to plan for. (One idea that has come is to identify 5 different venues (my house, your house, Cosmo Park, RB Park, and some other good outdoors place e.g.) and assign 5 hams to each site and do Field day in a distributed processing manner.)  

It seems like for our club, FD has been very much a social time, and not a demanding  radio operational time (hard to get operators to sign up for a time on the radio making contacts), so the club might not want to do anything, if we can't all meet at RB Park and socialize around radios and food.

I am looking forward to seeing what the club wants to do for 2020-The year of COVID-19.

Bill N0AXZ--


On Sat, May 2, 2020 at 9:00 PM AD0UK <kc0sjs@...> wrote:
We are still planning on field day this year, Bill (NØAXZ) Please comment on what you might need for this, we will discuss it at the monthly meeting - which we will be on the 146.760 repeater again this month - with hopes to come back together in June.  We need to kick off the planning and ensure we have people aware that we are planning to operate for this event. 


73

Brian
ADØUK



--
Bill N0AXZ


--
73
W9TIG

Gary Vaught


Re: Monthly meeting and Field Day

Bill McFarland - N0AXZ
 

Brian, and club,

The ARRL has made suggestions relating to doing Field Day differently this year. I am not sure what to plan for at this time. I will hope to get a good selection of comments at our Club meeting on the air (already different) this coming Tuesday night. Here is the latest from the ARRL on the subject:

2020 ARRL Field Day is June 27-28

ARRL Field Day is always held on the 4th full weekend in June.


Follow 2020 Field Day preparations with the stories below (more stories will be added every few weeks, so check back):


With 2020 ARRL Field Day – one of the biggest events on the Amateur Radio calendar – just about 12 weeks away, ARRL officials are monitoring this situation with the coronavirus very closely and paying close attention to all of the information and guidance being offered by the CDC's Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html).

At its core, Field Day is a local event and an opportunity for local amateur radio clubs to showcase the skills, science and technologies that make radio communication such a wonderful hobby and a valuable public service. Since the impact of the coronavirus outbreak has been very different in different parts of the country, we recommend that all amateur radio clubs participating in Field Day be in regular contact with their local or state public health officials for their advice and guidance on hosting Field Day activities. This also offers an opportunity for amateur radio clubs to bolster or re-establish their relationships with local and state public health and emergency management officials.

Because of the unique circumstances presented this year, this can be an opportunity for you, your club and/or group to try something new.  Field Day isn't about doing things the same way year after year - use this year to develop and employ a new approach that is in line with our current circumstances.

Local club officials are the most appropriate people to be making decisions about their specific Field Day programs. We are all concerned about protecting the health and safety of those participating in or attending Field Day activities, and so we trust local club officials to take the appropriate steps to monitor local conditions and make decisions in the best interest of their communities.

ARRL officials strongly believe that following the guidelines of local, state and national health care professionals will help ensure everyone's safety in the coming weeks and months. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Take the link to the April 21 letter and see that they are suggesting individual efforts in the name of the club.

It is hard  to imagine that we will be completely in the clear, and therefore expect to do what we always have done for Field Day. I will ask our ARES District coordinator if he knows of any other club's plans. I would like to see an accurate interpretation of the current "lifting" of some restrictions for Boone County that goes into effect tomorrow. I know they contend social distancing is still in force. 

I wish I knew what the situation would be at the end of May! At this point, I think my statement is: If they are having MLB with fans in the stands (Go Cards), we will have our Field Day much as we "normally" do. Short of that, I am not sure at this time what to plan for. (One idea that has come is to identify 5 different venues (my house, your house, Cosmo Park, RB Park, and some other good outdoors place e.g.) and assign 5 hams to each site and do Field day in a distributed processing manner.)  

It seems like for our club, FD has been very much a social time, and not a demanding  radio operational time (hard to get operators to sign up for a time on the radio making contacts), so the club might not want to do anything, if we can't all meet at RB Park and socialize around radios and food.

I am looking forward to seeing what the club wants to do for 2020-The year of COVID-19.

Bill N0AXZ--


On Sat, May 2, 2020 at 9:00 PM AD0UK <kc0sjs@...> wrote:
We are still planning on field day this year, Bill (NØAXZ) Please comment on what you might need for this, we will discuss it at the monthly meeting - which we will be on the 146.760 repeater again this month - with hopes to come back together in June.  We need to kick off the planning and ensure we have people aware that we are planning to operate for this event. 


73

Brian
ADØUK



--
Bill N0AXZ

461 - 480 of 4330