Date   

Asymptomatic transmission data

Fred Dittrich
 

Hi

See: https://news.yahoo.com/coronavirus-clue-most-cases-aboard-152447944.html

Important point: while over 600 sailors on the Roosevelt tested positive, roughly 60 percent of those testing positive did NOT show any symptoms. This is why wearing a mask protects others.

73

Fred AE0FD


Re: 10m is open

Bryan Nehl
 

Yes, XE2X is booming in on 50.099 right now. 

73 de Bryan, k0emt 


On Apr 15, 2020, at 18:38, Bill McFarland - N0AXZ <billmcfarland10@...> wrote:


Thanks John, and Brian,
also made a contact on 6M FT8
bill

On Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at 6:26 PM John Beatty <jebeatty@...> wrote:
Yes it is!  Working many stations on Cw, ft8 freq is strong


From: main@CMRA.groups.io <main@CMRA.groups.io> on behalf of Bryan Nehl <k0emt@...>
Sent: Wednesday, April 15, 2020 6:16:14 PM
To: cmra@groups.io <cmra@groups.io>
Subject: [CMRA] 10m is open
 
Worked NY w CW at lunch. Hearing TX booming in CW beacon and phone stations strong too.

73 de Bryan, k0emt





--
Bill N0AXZ


Re: 10m is open

Bill McFarland - N0AXZ
 

Thanks John, and Brian,
also made a contact on 6M FT8
bill

On Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at 6:26 PM John Beatty <jebeatty@...> wrote:
Yes it is!  Working many stations on Cw, ft8 freq is strong


From: main@CMRA.groups.io <main@CMRA.groups.io> on behalf of Bryan Nehl <k0emt@...>
Sent: Wednesday, April 15, 2020 6:16:14 PM
To: cmra@groups.io <cmra@groups.io>
Subject: [CMRA] 10m is open
 
Worked NY w CW at lunch. Hearing TX booming in CW beacon and phone stations strong too.

73 de Bryan, k0emt





--
Bill N0AXZ


Re: 10m is open

John Beatty
 

Yes it is!  Working many stations on Cw, ft8 freq is strong


From: main@CMRA.groups.io <main@CMRA.groups.io> on behalf of Bryan Nehl <k0emt@...>
Sent: Wednesday, April 15, 2020 6:16:14 PM
To: cmra@groups.io <cmra@groups.io>
Subject: [CMRA] 10m is open
 
Worked NY w CW at lunch. Hearing TX booming in CW beacon and phone stations strong too.

73 de Bryan, k0emt




10m is open

Bryan Nehl
 

Worked NY w CW at lunch. Hearing TX booming in CW beacon and phone stations strong too.

73 de Bryan, k0emt


Re: K0SI-10 down this morning

Bill McFarland - N0AXZ
 

Thanks Bob. I’ll look into it. The ECC IT will be upgrading our computers to W10 sometime. Hope that will help. :)
Bill N0AXZ

On Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at 10:06 AM Boback <RNAckerman@...> wrote:
You might want to setup the Win 7 PC to reboot everyday, say 3am, or at least weekly. That is, if everything starts up automatically upon reboot. Instructions can be found on the internet. That usually resolves many issues with PCs that remain on all the time.

Bob
N6VZO

On 4/15/2020 10:03 AM, Bill McFarland - N0AXZ wrote:
K0SI-10 back up. Windows 7 crash. 
Bill

On Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at 9:25 AM Bill McFarland - N0AXZ via groups.io <billmcfarland10=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Fred,
Looks like the computer is locked up. TNC answers but the computer is in Neverland.
I will be out there later this morning for the SHARES net and will look at it.
bill N0AXZ

On Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at 8:52 AM Fred Dittrich <fdittric@...> wrote:
Hi


*** Starting to call K0SI-10
*** Opening serial port COM9; 9600 baud; Kantronics
*** Connecting to K0SI-10
*** CONNECTED TO K0SI-10

Using Winlink Express, when I hit the Stop button it then says:


*** Forced disconnect
*** Disconnected at 2020/04/15 13:49:23

*** Disconnect reported.


73

Fred AE0FD






--
Bill N0AXZ
--
Bill

--
Bill


Re: K0SI-10 down this morning

Fred Dittrich
 

Bill

Thanks for fixing it.

73

Fred AE0FD



At 10:03 AM 4/15/2020, you wrote:
K0SI-10 back up. Windows 7 crash.Â
Bill

On Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at 9:25 AM Bill McFarland - N0AXZ via groups.io <billmcfarland10= gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Fred,
Looks like the computer is locked up. TNC answers but the computer is in Neverland.
I will be out there later this morning for the SHARES net and will look at it.
bill N0AXZ

On Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at 8:52 AM Fred Dittrich <fdittric@...> wrote:
Hi


*** Starting to call K0SI-10
*** Opening serial port COM9; 9600 baud; Kantronics
*** Connecting to K0SI-10
*** CONNECTED TO K0SI-10

Using Winlink Express, when I hit the Stop button it then says:


*** Forced disconnect
*** Disconnected at 2020/04/15 13:49:23

*** Disconnect reported.


73

Fred AE0FD






--
Bill N0AXZ

--
Bill


Re: K0SI-10 down this morning

Boback
 

You might want to setup the Win 7 PC to reboot everyday, say 3am, or at least weekly. That is, if everything starts up automatically upon reboot. Instructions can be found on the internet. That usually resolves many issues with PCs that remain on all the time.

Bob
N6VZO

On 4/15/2020 10:03 AM, Bill McFarland - N0AXZ wrote:
K0SI-10 back up. Windows 7 crash. 
Bill

On Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at 9:25 AM Bill McFarland - N0AXZ via groups.io <billmcfarland10=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Fred,
Looks like the computer is locked up. TNC answers but the computer is in Neverland.
I will be out there later this morning for the SHARES net and will look at it.
bill N0AXZ

On Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at 8:52 AM Fred Dittrich <fdittric@...> wrote:
Hi


*** Starting to call K0SI-10
*** Opening serial port COM9; 9600 baud; Kantronics
*** Connecting to K0SI-10
*** CONNECTED TO K0SI-10

Using Winlink Express, when I hit the Stop button it then says:


*** Forced disconnect
*** Disconnected at 2020/04/15 13:49:23

*** Disconnect reported.


73

Fred AE0FD






--
Bill N0AXZ
--
Bill


Re: K0SI-10 down this morning

Bill McFarland - N0AXZ
 

K0SI-10 back up. Windows 7 crash. 
Bill

On Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at 9:25 AM Bill McFarland - N0AXZ via groups.io <billmcfarland10=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Fred,
Looks like the computer is locked up. TNC answers but the computer is in Neverland.
I will be out there later this morning for the SHARES net and will look at it.
bill N0AXZ

On Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at 8:52 AM Fred Dittrich <fdittric@...> wrote:
Hi


*** Starting to call K0SI-10
*** Opening serial port COM9; 9600 baud; Kantronics
*** Connecting to K0SI-10
*** CONNECTED TO K0SI-10

Using Winlink Express, when I hit the Stop button it then says:


*** Forced disconnect
*** Disconnected at 2020/04/15 13:49:23

*** Disconnect reported.


73

Fred AE0FD






--
Bill N0AXZ

--
Bill


Re: K0SI-10 down this morning

Bill McFarland - N0AXZ
 

Fred,
Looks like the computer is locked up. TNC answers but the computer is in Neverland.
I will be out there later this morning for the SHARES net and will look at it.
bill N0AXZ

On Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at 8:52 AM Fred Dittrich <fdittric@...> wrote:
Hi


*** Starting to call K0SI-10
*** Opening serial port COM9; 9600 baud; Kantronics
*** Connecting to K0SI-10
*** CONNECTED TO K0SI-10

Using Winlink Express, when I hit the Stop button it then says:


*** Forced disconnect
*** Disconnected at 2020/04/15 13:49:23

*** Disconnect reported.


73

Fred AE0FD






--
Bill N0AXZ


K0SI-10 down this morning

Fred Dittrich
 

Hi


*** Starting to call K0SI-10
*** Opening serial port COM9; 9600 baud; Kantronics
*** Connecting to K0SI-10
*** CONNECTED TO K0SI-10

Using Winlink Express, when I hit the Stop button it then says:


*** Forced disconnect
*** Disconnected at 2020/04/15 13:49:23

*** Disconnect reported.


73

Fred AE0FD


RE COVID-19 antibody testing

Fred Dittrich
 

Hi

You might find this to be informative: https://vimeo.com/406427325

73

Fred AE0FD


Another COVID-19 lecture

Fred Dittrich
 

All

Here is one lecture from a University of Califonia TV course which is way over my head but will be informative for the medical professionals amongst us:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8Eapvxi5YA The Evolution of Infectious Diseases with Justin Meyer: Lecture 2-Ten Questions About Coronaviruses

I picked up on the 10 questions aspect of this lecture.

73

Fred AE0FD


Re: DRM Anytone 878

AD0UK
 

Cody,

  Have you joined our discord channel, or maybe our facebook page - given the current state of the world, we might be able to help you better there.



Brian
AD0UK


On Tue, Apr 7, 2020 at 1:09 PM Cody via groups.io <codygarrett28=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I bought the radio off Amozon. It was cheaper than buying throught bridgecom themselves.  Thank you for the mode 0000. So it still not working. So think it's still something on my end... I'll keep watching bridgecom university classes. 
I apreceaite that patients with me an your all help. 
So I redo everything again. If possible I think it be cool to see how anyone else kind of set up theirs... I want the frequncy in an to male a contact on the DMR repater. An to learn how to do a basic program on the radio to do club meets eventually with you all an understand how to program channels. 
Thank you again, yall
KE0SWO
Cody Garrett
Codygarrett28@...
573-289-6317


Re: DRM Anytone 878

Jon Cole
 

Cody,

Email me directly and I'll give you a copy of the code plug I'm using for my Anytone 868.  That should give you lots of clues.

Jon Cole, N0OFJ
colepls@...

On Tuesday, April 7, 2020, 1:09:01 PM CDT, Cody via groups.io <codygarrett28@...> wrote:


I bought the radio off Amozon. It was cheaper than buying throught bridgecom themselves.  Thank you for the mode 0000. So it still not working. So think it's still something on my end... I'll keep watching bridgecom university classes. 
I apreceaite that patients with me an your all help. 
So I redo everything again. If possible I think it be cool to see how anyone else kind of set up theirs... I want the frequncy in an to male a contact on the DMR repater. An to learn how to do a basic program on the radio to do club meets eventually with you all an understand how to program channels. 
Thank you again, yall
KE0SWO
Cody Garrett
Codygarrett28@...
573-289-6317


Re: DRM Anytone 878

Cody
 

I bought the radio off Amozon. It was cheaper than buying throught bridgecom themselves.  Thank you for the mode 0000. So it still not working. So think it's still something on my end... I'll keep watching bridgecom university classes. 
I apreceaite that patients with me an your all help. 
So I redo everything again. If possible I think it be cool to see how anyone else kind of set up theirs... I want the frequncy in an to male a contact on the DMR repater. An to learn how to do a basic program on the radio to do club meets eventually with you all an understand how to program channels. 
Thank you again, yall
KE0SWO
Cody Garrett
Codygarrett28@...
573-289-6317


Re: DRM Anytone 878

AD0UK
 

Cody,

  First question, where did you buy your 878?  Have you tried the following:



Q: I just received my radio and tried to load a codeplug I was given and I get "Band Error". How do I fix it?

A: All the new radios are coming in "MODE 0010" which is ham band tx only. This makes it so the keyboards do NOT have to be locked as soon as you receive them. The ones we have seen until recenly came over in "MODE 0000", which allowed 136-174 and 400-480 rx and tx. But by FCC rules they had to start being locked so non Ham customers had to have a two way shop program them, and general users could not make changes to the programming. The bad side is a MODE 0010 radio will not take a MODE 0000 codeplug. SO do the following to fix it:

1) turn off the radio, and turn back on while holding the PTT and Number 1 key on the Keypad (NOT the P1 button). 

2) when the screen says "TEST MODE" release the buttons and then the screen will show "MODE 0010". Rotate the Channel Knob counter clockwise to set it to "MODE 0000".

3) reboot and you are done!



Next - I created a base code plug for you with a bunch of frequencies - you can adjust if you want!!  I included the code plug with your DMR ID Number as well.  You can use the attached codeplug, or pick from it what you want.


Let me know if this doesn't help.



73

Brian

AD0UK


On Tue, Apr 7, 2020 at 11:42 AM Cody via groups.io <codygarrett28=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I'm offically lost. Followed the video an keep getting band eorror. Just trying to set up my radio. Not going good. Tired asking before but came up blank on here to only someome saying we should put on a dmr class. Right now I'm out of a veicheal an also before I was working non stop. So is their anyone who can help me or am I at a loss? I'm try to post pictures to help explain better. I keep getting band eorror everythime I sync my radio to write it... 
If their are more channels I should add please let me know. This is all very overwhelming doing by yourself. An can be frustrating.
KE0SWO
Cody Garrett
Codygarrett28@...
573-289-6317

Attachments:


Re: DRM Anytone 878

Scott Vince
 

When I get home I found a YouTube video that’s way more helpful than the things from Bridgecom. Once you get the hang of it it is very easy.
Scott
W9EQD 


On Apr 7, 2020, at 11:42, Cody via groups.io <codygarrett28@...> wrote:

I'm offically lost. Followed the video an keep getting band eorror. Just trying to set up my radio. Not going good. Tired asking before but came up blank on here to only someome saying we should put on a dmr class. Right now I'm out of a veicheal an also before I was working non stop. So is their anyone who can help me or am I at a loss? I'm try to post pictures to help explain better. I keep getting band eorror everythime I sync my radio to write it... 
If their are more channels I should add please let me know. This is all very overwhelming doing by yourself. An can be frustrating.
KE0SWO
Cody Garrett
Codygarrett28@...
573-289-6317

Attachments:


Re: DRM Anytone 878

Gary Vaught - W9TIG
 

I agree with you, Cody, it's very frustrating to have money invested in a radio that you can't figure out.

The upside is that there are generally people who are willing to help you out.  The downside is that getting that help is frequently not convenient.  I don't have any solutions for you except possibly go to YouTube and search for the Bridgecom channel to see if their videos help you out, or maybe try to contact them via their website  https://www.bridgecomsystems.com/  They're the guys who are behind a lot of the DMR push in this region and, from what I've seen, really want to help folks get OTA with DRM radios.

-
Best Regards,
Gary D Vaught

We can engineer a solution to nearly any problem you can accurately define.

- somewhat anonymous



On Tue, Apr 7, 2020 at 11:42 AM Cody via groups.io <codygarrett28=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I'm offically lost. Followed the video an keep getting band eorror. Just trying to set up my radio. Not going good. Tired asking before but came up blank on here to only someome saying we should put on a dmr class. Right now I'm out of a veicheal an also before I was working non stop. So is their anyone who can help me or am I at a loss? I'm try to post pictures to help explain better. I keep getting band eorror everythime I sync my radio to write it... 
If their are more channels I should add please let me know. This is all very overwhelming doing by yourself. An can be frustrating.
KE0SWO
Cody Garrett
Codygarrett28@...
573-289-6317

Attachments:


--
73
W9TIG

Gary Vaught


DRM Anytone 878

Cody
 

I'm offically lost. Followed the video an keep getting band eorror. Just trying to set up my radio. Not going good. Tired asking before but came up blank on here to only someome saying we should put on a dmr class. Right now I'm out of a veicheal an also before I was working non stop. So is their anyone who can help me or am I at a loss? I'm try to post pictures to help explain better. I keep getting band eorror everythime I sync my radio to write it... 
If their are more channels I should add please let me know. This is all very overwhelming doing by yourself. An can be frustrating.
KE0SWO
Cody Garrett
Codygarrett28@...
573-289-6317

541 - 560 of 4365