Date   

Re: BCARES Meetings and Activities amid COVID-19.

Gary Vaught - W9TIG
 

Ok, being pedantic
- MBS EMPLOYEE FAMILY MEMBER confirmed positive
- MBS EMPLOYEE not tested

-
Best Regards,
Gary D Vaught

We can engineer a solution to nearly any problem you can accurately define.

- somewhat anonymous



On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 8:38 AM kc0pah <kc0pah@...> wrote:
I get it and agree with your underlying point but must ask that you take care what you call a confirmed case.  You state in your message that the individual has not yet tested positive, so calling it a confirmed case is problematic. Bettter perhapps to call it a presumptive case instead.   ... brought to you by the pedantic responses department at KC0PAH :-)    

On Mar 18, 2020, at 7:24 AM, Gary Vaught - W9TIG <gdv.pops@...> wrote:
I would like to point out that my employer, MBS, has had an employee with a family member reported as a confirmed case of COVID19.  At last report, the employee was not showing symptoms and had not tested positive yet is still self-quarantined for the recommended 14 days.  Also, I don't know how close this relative is.  MBS has closed its facility for today and is sanitizing.   My point is this, this is a serious AND proximal issue for many of us.  And for those of us who believe we are healthy enough to survive this virus, we all have someone in our lives who is not.  Please be safe and mindful of those around you.


--
73
W9TIG

Gary Vaught


Re: BCARES Meetings and Activities amid COVID-19.

kc0pah
 

I get it and agree with your underlying point but must ask that you take care what you call a confirmed case.  You state in your message that the individual has not yet tested positive, so calling it a confirmed case is problematic. Bettter perhapps to call it a presumptive case instead.   ... brought to you by the pedantic responses department at KC0PAH :-)    

On Mar 18, 2020, at 7:24 AM, Gary Vaught - W9TIG <gdv.pops@...> wrote:
I would like to point out that my employer, MBS, has had an employee with a family member reported as a confirmed case of COVID19.  At last report, the employee was not showing symptoms and had not tested positive yet is still self-quarantined for the recommended 14 days.  Also, I don't know how close this relative is.  MBS has closed its facility for today and is sanitizing.   My point is this, this is a serious AND proximal issue for many of us.  And for those of us who believe we are healthy enough to survive this virus, we all have someone in our lives who is not.  Please be safe and mindful of those around you.


Re: BCARES Meetings and Activities amid COVID-19.

Mike Morgan
 

Thank you for reminding us. Quote from favorite flick. 
“Don’t get off the boat”.


On Mar 18, 2020, at 7:24 AM, Gary Vaught - W9TIG <gdv.pops@...> wrote:

I would like to point out that my employer, MBS, has had an employee with a family member reported as a confirmed case of COVID19.  At last report, the employee was not showing symptoms and had not tested positive yet is still self-quarantined for the recommended 14 days.  Also, I don't know how close this relative is.  MBS has closed its facility for today and is sanitizing.

My point is this, this is a serious AND proximal issue for many of us.  And for those of us who believe we are healthy enough to survive this virus, we all have someone in our lives who is not.  Please be safe and mindful of those around you.

-
Best Regards,
Gary D Vaught

We can engineer a solution to nearly any problem you can accurately define.

- somewhat anonymous



On Tue, Mar 17, 2020 at 8:59 PM Big Jon via Groups.Io <ad0ze=protonmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

March 17, 2020

Subject: BCARES Meetings and Activities amid COVID-19.

Dear BCARES Members:

As most of you have heard Coronavirus has been in the news a lot and has affected many parts of our life. The CDC has advised everyone to avoid social interactions and to take precautions to protect yourself and your families. The following changes will take affect Wednesday March 18, 2020.

First, our club meetings will be suspended for the month of April. We will watch the situation and evaluate what we should do for May’s meeting. We will be having an on-air meeting in April. This will take place on the WXØBC 146.610 Repeater at 18:30.

Second, any planned activities involving us gathering in public or social settings will be rescheduled for a future date.

Third, any activities done on the air or not involving groups will not be affected. This is a great time to get on the air and make use of our repeaters. 

I am looking forward to resuming our meetings and activities as soon as it is safe for our members. If anyone has any questions please feel free to reach out to me or any of the club officers. The clubs bcares.groups.io is the best place to reach out. Also, our Facebook page is available for communications online.  


73,

Logo
Jonathan Williams
President | ADØZE
mobile: (573)514-5773
email: ad0ze@...
Facebook icon  LinkedIn icon  Twitter icon  
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error, please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this email. Please notify the sender immediately by email if you have received this email by mistake and delete this email from your system. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.





--
73
W9TIG

Gary Vaught


Re: BCARES Meetings and Activities amid COVID-19.

Gary Vaught - W9TIG
 

I would like to point out that my employer, MBS, has had an employee with a family member reported as a confirmed case of COVID19.  At last report, the employee was not showing symptoms and had not tested positive yet is still self-quarantined for the recommended 14 days.  Also, I don't know how close this relative is.  MBS has closed its facility for today and is sanitizing.

My point is this, this is a serious AND proximal issue for many of us.  And for those of us who believe we are healthy enough to survive this virus, we all have someone in our lives who is not.  Please be safe and mindful of those around you.

-
Best Regards,
Gary D Vaught

We can engineer a solution to nearly any problem you can accurately define.

- somewhat anonymous



On Tue, Mar 17, 2020 at 8:59 PM Big Jon via Groups.Io <ad0ze=protonmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

March 17, 2020

Subject: BCARES Meetings and Activities amid COVID-19.

Dear BCARES Members:

As most of you have heard Coronavirus has been in the news a lot and has affected many parts of our life. The CDC has advised everyone to avoid social interactions and to take precautions to protect yourself and your families. The following changes will take affect Wednesday March 18, 2020.

First, our club meetings will be suspended for the month of April. We will watch the situation and evaluate what we should do for May’s meeting. We will be having an on-air meeting in April. This will take place on the WXØBC 146.610 Repeater at 18:30.

Second, any planned activities involving us gathering in public or social settings will be rescheduled for a future date.

Third, any activities done on the air or not involving groups will not be affected. This is a great time to get on the air and make use of our repeaters. 

I am looking forward to resuming our meetings and activities as soon as it is safe for our members. If anyone has any questions please feel free to reach out to me or any of the club officers. The clubs bcares.groups.io is the best place to reach out. Also, our Facebook page is available for communications online.  


73,

Logo
Jonathan Williams
President | ADØZE
mobile: (573)514-5773
email: ad0ze@...
Facebook icon  LinkedIn icon  Twitter icon  
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error, please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this email. Please notify the sender immediately by email if you have received this email by mistake and delete this email from your system. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.





--
73
W9TIG

Gary Vaught


BCARES Meetings and Activities amid COVID-19.

Big Jon
 

March 17, 2020

Subject: BCARES Meetings and Activities amid COVID-19.

Dear BCARES Members:

As most of you have heard Coronavirus has been in the news a lot and has affected many parts of our life. The CDC has advised everyone to avoid social interactions and to take precautions to protect yourself and your families. The following changes will take affect Wednesday March 18, 2020.

First, our club meetings will be suspended for the month of April. We will watch the situation and evaluate what we should do for May’s meeting. We will be having an on-air meeting in April. This will take place on the WXØBC 146.610 Repeater at 18:30.

Second, any planned activities involving us gathering in public or social settings will be rescheduled for a future date.

Third, any activities done on the air or not involving groups will not be affected. This is a great time to get on the air and make use of our repeaters. 

I am looking forward to resuming our meetings and activities as soon as it is safe for our members. If anyone has any questions please feel free to reach out to me or any of the club officers. The clubs bcares.groups.io is the best place to reach out. Also, our Facebook page is available for communications online.  


73,

Logo
Jonathan Williams
President | ADØZE
mobile: (573)514-5773
email: ad0ze@...
Facebook icon  LinkedIn icon  Twitter icon  
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error, please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this email. Please notify the sender immediately by email if you have received this email by mistake and delete this email from your system. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.





BridgeCom Systems' Ham Shack Pack DMR Giveaway

KE0SIY <wjustus573@...>
 

$1451.95 worth of DMR gear in this giveaway if you are interested.



73, 

Bill


Re: Hamfest

Scott Vince
 

I must add medical professionals are the only ones you should listen to. Patients can be positive and show no symptoms. No one else should be putting up recommendations of what to do that are not trained 

Scott


On Mar 17, 2020, at 13:11, AD0UK <kc0sjs@...> wrote:


I believe that if you choose to meet then that is your choice, yes it is less than 50 people, but due to the serious nature of the pandemic - I am making an official statement that the CMRA is not going to support the event.  We should take this event seriously, at this time we are fortunate to not have anyone we know impacted by this situation, I would like to keep it that way.  The purpose of considering this is to prevent the spread of disease and taking the responsible stance of supporting the recommendations of the CDC and not meeting if it is not necessary.


73

Brian
AD0UK

On Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 8:38 AM Ralph Howard <wd6bgn@...> wrote:
I think the gokit show and tell should go on.
Probably less than 50 people.
Probably no out of towners from far away.
It is out doors
And it is spread out.   So if you have to sneeze you can cover and just turn in a safe direction.
And I want to take more pictures of everybody's ideas.
My $0.02 worth.


Ralph Howard
WD6BGN


From: main@CMRA.groups.io <main@CMRA.groups.io> on behalf of Bill McFarland - N0AXZ <billmcfarland10@...>
Sent: Monday, March 16, 2020 8:07:32 AM
To: cmra@groups.io <cmra@groups.io>
Subject: [CMRA] Hamfest
 
Group,
What about our Go-Kit afternoon?
Bill

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <WA0E@...>
Date: Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 8:00 AM
Subject: RE: Hamfest
To: Bill McFarland <billmcfarland10@...>


Bill,

 

Due to the COVID-19 virus and the CDC recommendation of cancelling events with more than 50 present, we made the decision this morning to cancel the Boonville, MO hamfest scheduled for 3/21/2020.

 

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you at our hamfest next year.

 

Tom, WAØE

 

 

From: Bill McFarland [mailto:billmcfarland10@...]
Sent: Friday, February 07, 2020 10:23 PM
To: wa0e@...
Subject: Hamfest

 

Tom,

I see in the hamfest website to send you my telephone number if I want a table. I would like a table to sell a few things. 

573 424-5959

Bill McFarland N0AXZ

Columbia. ARES-EC

Are the tables inside?

Thanks,

Bill 

--

Bill

--
Bill


Re: Hamfest

Ralph Howard
 

Ok on the go kit show and tell.  Might be a better summertime picnic show anyway.  Looks cold this Sat.


Ralph Howard
WD6BGN


From: main@CMRA.groups.io <main@CMRA.groups.io> on behalf of AD0UK <kc0sjs@...>
Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2020 1:11:12 PM
To: main@cmra.groups.io <main@cmra.groups.io>
Cc: cmra@groups.io <cmra@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CMRA] Hamfest
 
I believe that if you choose to meet then that is your choice, yes it is less than 50 people, but due to the serious nature of the pandemic - I am making an official statement that the CMRA is not going to support the event.  We should take this event seriously, at this time we are fortunate to not have anyone we know impacted by this situation, I would like to keep it that way.  The purpose of considering this is to prevent the spread of disease and taking the responsible stance of supporting the recommendations of the CDC and not meeting if it is not necessary.


73

Brian
AD0UK

On Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 8:38 AM Ralph Howard <wd6bgn@...> wrote:
I think the gokit show and tell should go on.
Probably less than 50 people.
Probably no out of towners from far away.
It is out doors
And it is spread out.   So if you have to sneeze you can cover and just turn in a safe direction.
And I want to take more pictures of everybody's ideas.
My $0.02 worth.


Ralph Howard
WD6BGN


From: main@CMRA.groups.io <main@CMRA.groups.io> on behalf of Bill McFarland - N0AXZ <billmcfarland10@...>
Sent: Monday, March 16, 2020 8:07:32 AM
To: cmra@groups.io <cmra@groups.io>
Subject: [CMRA] Hamfest
 
Group,
What about our Go-Kit afternoon?
Bill

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <WA0E@...>
Date: Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 8:00 AM
Subject: RE: Hamfest
To: Bill McFarland <billmcfarland10@...>


Bill,

 

Due to the COVID-19 virus and the CDC recommendation of cancelling events with more than 50 present, we made the decision this morning to cancel the Boonville, MO hamfest scheduled for 3/21/2020.

 

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you at our hamfest next year.

 

Tom, WAØE

 

 

From: Bill McFarland [mailto:billmcfarland10@...]
Sent: Friday, February 07, 2020 10:23 PM
To: wa0e@...
Subject: Hamfest

 

Tom,

I see in the hamfest website to send you my telephone number if I want a table. I would like a table to sell a few things. 

573 424-5959

Bill McFarland N0AXZ

Columbia. ARES-EC

Are the tables inside?

Thanks,

Bill 

--

Bill

--
Bill


Re: Hamfest

AD0UK
 

I believe that if you choose to meet then that is your choice, yes it is less than 50 people, but due to the serious nature of the pandemic - I am making an official statement that the CMRA is not going to support the event.  We should take this event seriously, at this time we are fortunate to not have anyone we know impacted by this situation, I would like to keep it that way.  The purpose of considering this is to prevent the spread of disease and taking the responsible stance of supporting the recommendations of the CDC and not meeting if it is not necessary.


73

Brian
AD0UK


On Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 8:38 AM Ralph Howard <wd6bgn@...> wrote:
I think the gokit show and tell should go on.
Probably less than 50 people.
Probably no out of towners from far away.
It is out doors
And it is spread out.   So if you have to sneeze you can cover and just turn in a safe direction.
And I want to take more pictures of everybody's ideas.
My $0.02 worth.


Ralph Howard
WD6BGN


From: main@CMRA.groups.io <main@CMRA.groups.io> on behalf of Bill McFarland - N0AXZ <billmcfarland10@...>
Sent: Monday, March 16, 2020 8:07:32 AM
To: cmra@groups.io <cmra@groups.io>
Subject: [CMRA] Hamfest
 
Group,
What about our Go-Kit afternoon?
Bill

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <WA0E@...>
Date: Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 8:00 AM
Subject: RE: Hamfest
To: Bill McFarland <billmcfarland10@...>


Bill,

 

Due to the COVID-19 virus and the CDC recommendation of cancelling events with more than 50 present, we made the decision this morning to cancel the Boonville, MO hamfest scheduled for 3/21/2020.

 

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you at our hamfest next year.

 

Tom, WAØE

 

 

From: Bill McFarland [mailto:billmcfarland10@...]
Sent: Friday, February 07, 2020 10:23 PM
To: wa0e@...
Subject: Hamfest

 

Tom,

I see in the hamfest website to send you my telephone number if I want a table. I would like a table to sell a few things. 

573 424-5959

Bill McFarland N0AXZ

Columbia. ARES-EC

Are the tables inside?

Thanks,

Bill 

--

Bill

--
Bill


Re: Wed

Ralph Howard
 

It is a big treat for me.


Ralph Howard
WD6BGN


From: main@CMRA.groups.io <main@CMRA.groups.io> on behalf of James Whitehill <jdwhitehill1603@...>
Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2020 10:56:27 AM
To: main@cmra.groups.io <main@cmra.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CMRA] Wed
 
Ralph, Japanese tabemono (food) is tempting, but I am hunkering down and resting after teaching the Tech class.  7 new Techs last nite, 1 student postponed test because he's the main person responsible for a multi-generation family at home and is virus-worried.

Take care, my friend.

Jim , n0ssm



Re: Wed

James Whitehill
 

Ralph, Japanese tabemono (food) is tempting, but I am hunkering down and resting after teaching the Tech class.  7 new Techs last nite, 1 student postponed test because he's the main person responsible for a multi-generation family at home and is virus-worried.

Take care, my friend.

Jim , n0ssm



Re: Testing Tonight and Wednesday Lunches

Ralph Howard
 

I will be dining at Kobe Japanese on Wed.  They are going to have an open dining room.
If anybody wants to join me.
73


Ralph Howard
WD6BGN


From: main@CMRA.groups.io <main@CMRA.groups.io> on behalf of Ralph Howard <wd6bgn@...>
Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2020 10:45:12 AM
To: main@CMRA.groups.io <main@CMRA.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CMRA] Testing Tonight and Wednesday Lunches
 
Well I guess I won't have lunch at High Vee after all.  Bummer.


Ralph Howard
WD6BGN


From: main@CMRA.groups.io <main@CMRA.groups.io> on behalf of Jon Cole via Groups.Io <colepls@...>
Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2020 10:39:29 AM
To: main@cmra.groups.io <main@cmra.groups.io>
Subject: [CMRA] Testing Tonight and Wednesday Lunches
 
Hello all,

I just checked with the Hyvee on Conley Road. The cafeteria area is shutting down after tonight. The testing session tonight at 7:00 is good to go, but the Wednesday lunches are now on hiatus. You can get food from the deli and take it out but not eat in the cafeteria area.

Jon Cole, N0OFJ






Re: Testing Tonight and Wednesday Lunches

Ralph Howard
 

Well I guess I won't have lunch at High Vee after all.  Bummer.


Ralph Howard
WD6BGN


From: main@CMRA.groups.io <main@CMRA.groups.io> on behalf of Jon Cole via Groups.Io <colepls@...>
Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2020 10:39:29 AM
To: main@cmra.groups.io <main@cmra.groups.io>
Subject: [CMRA] Testing Tonight and Wednesday Lunches
 
Hello all,

I just checked with the Hyvee on Conley Road. The cafeteria area is shutting down after tonight. The testing session tonight at 7:00 is good to go, but the Wednesday lunches are now on hiatus. You can get food from the deli and take it out but not eat in the cafeteria area.

Jon Cole, N0OFJ






Testing Tonight and Wednesday Lunches

Jon Cole
 

Hello all,

I just checked with the Hyvee on Conley Road. The cafeteria area is shutting down after tonight. The testing session tonight at 7:00 is good to go, but the Wednesday lunches are now on hiatus. You can get food from the deli and take it out but not eat in the cafeteria area.

Jon Cole, N0OFJ


Wed

Ralph Howard
 

I have to go into Columbia tommorrow anyway.
I will have lunch at High Vee anyway.
Will I dine alone?
Just wondering.  I guess the average attendees are 5 to 6.

73


Ralph Howard
WD6BGN


12 people driving in from St. Louis for testing tonight

Fred Dittrich
 

Hi

If you are a VE and can make it to Hi-Vee tonight for testing please contact Jon N0OFJ directly.

73

Fred AE0FD


Re: VE Testing This Week

John W. Smith
 

I'll make the change on the club site as soon as I can this afternoon.
Thanks for bringing it to my attention.


John


On 3/16/2020 11:23 AM, Jon Cole via Groups.Io wrote:
Hello all,

1) A reminder to VEs that we have testing tonight and tomorrow night.

2) The test session tomorrow night has been been moved to the Hyvee at
25 Conley Road, Columbia, MO.

3) The ARRL website has the wrong date for our test sessions.  They
show it as happening on Wednesday.  I have emailed them to get it
corrected.  I'm guessing that leap year threw off their calendar program.

4) Would one of our webmasters please update our web pages to reflect
the change in location.  I expect it will need to be changed for next
month as well, according to my crystal ball.

5) In the great words of Douglas Adams' 'Hitchhikers Guide to the
Galaxy', Don't Panic.Emoji

Thank you all.

Jon Cole, N0OFJ
VE Liaison
(573) 864-4551
--
This message came to you from
John Wesley Smith
kc0hsb@centurytel.net
Find musings of an eclectic pilgrim at
https://johnwesleysmith.com/


VE Testing This Week

Jon Cole
 

Hello all,

1) A reminder to VEs that we have testing tonight and tomorrow night.

2) The test session tomorrow night has been been moved to the Hyvee at 25 Conley Road, Columbia, MO.

3) The ARRL website has the wrong date for our test sessions.  They show it as happening on Wednesday.  I have emailed them to get it corrected.  I'm guessing that leap year threw off their calendar program.

4) Would one of our webmasters please update our web pages to reflect the change in location.  I expect it will need to be changed for next month as well, according to my crystal ball.

5) In the great words of Douglas Adams' 'Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy', Don't Panic.Emoji

Thank you all.

Jon Cole, N0OFJ
VE Liaison
(573) 864-4551


Re: Hamfest

Ralph Howard
 

I think the gokit show and tell should go on.
Probably less than 50 people.
Probably no out of towners from far away.
It is out doors
And it is spread out.   So if you have to sneeze you can cover and just turn in a safe direction.
And I want to take more pictures of everybody's ideas.
My $0.02 worth.


Ralph Howard
WD6BGN


From: main@CMRA.groups.io <main@CMRA.groups.io> on behalf of Bill McFarland - N0AXZ <billmcfarland10@...>
Sent: Monday, March 16, 2020 8:07:32 AM
To: cmra@groups.io <cmra@groups.io>
Subject: [CMRA] Hamfest
 
Group,
What about our Go-Kit afternoon?
Bill

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <WA0E@...>
Date: Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 8:00 AM
Subject: RE: Hamfest
To: Bill McFarland <billmcfarland10@...>


Bill,

 

Due to the COVID-19 virus and the CDC recommendation of cancelling events with more than 50 present, we made the decision this morning to cancel the Boonville, MO hamfest scheduled for 3/21/2020.

 

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you at our hamfest next year.

 

Tom, WAØE

 

 

From: Bill McFarland [mailto:billmcfarland10@...]
Sent: Friday, February 07, 2020 10:23 PM
To: wa0e@...
Subject: Hamfest

 

Tom,

I see in the hamfest website to send you my telephone number if I want a table. I would like a table to sell a few things. 

573 424-5959

Bill McFarland N0AXZ

Columbia. ARES-EC

Are the tables inside?

Thanks,

Bill 

--

Bill

--
Bill


Hamfest

Bill McFarland - N0AXZ
 

Group,
What about our Go-Kit afternoon?
Bill

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <WA0E@...>
Date: Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 8:00 AM
Subject: RE: Hamfest
To: Bill McFarland <billmcfarland10@...>


Bill,

 

Due to the COVID-19 virus and the CDC recommendation of cancelling events with more than 50 present, we made the decision this morning to cancel the Boonville, MO hamfest scheduled for 3/21/2020.

 

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you at our hamfest next year.

 

Tom, WAØE

 

 

From: Bill McFarland [mailto:billmcfarland10@...]
Sent: Friday, February 07, 2020 10:23 PM
To: wa0e@...
Subject: Hamfest

 

Tom,

I see in the hamfest website to send you my telephone number if I want a table. I would like a table to sell a few things. 

573 424-5959

Bill McFarland N0AXZ

Columbia. ARES-EC

Are the tables inside?

Thanks,

Bill 

--

Bill

--
Bill

621 - 640 of 4365