Field Day trivia question

Fred Dittrich

Hi

At Field Day this year I scanned one or two end fed half wave dipoles. At that time I was not interested in that antenna design so I did not memorize the make/model(s) of any I scanned and did not save any such scans.

I'm helping Paul KE0IKG to get on HF. The problem is that he rents a downstairs only apartment which greatly limits his antenna choices, and has a landlord who has in the past grouched at his dual band antenna hoisted up in a 40-50 ft tree in his back yard.

Question: What was the make/model of that/those end fed dipoles which I scanned at Field Day? I think that would be invisible unless it was pointed out.

AD0UK

I believe one of them was Jonathon's (AD0ZE) here is a link for that antenna:

https://myantennas.com/wp/product/efhw-8010-hp/

73
Brian
AD0UK

At Field Day this year I scanned one or two end fed half wave
dipoles. At that time I was not interested in that antenna design so
I did not memorize the make/model(s) of any I scanned and did not
save any such scans.

I'm helping Paul KE0IKG to get on HF. The problem is that he rents a
downstairs only apartment which greatly limits his antenna choices,
and has a landlord who has in the past grouched at his dual band
antenna hoisted up in a 40-50 ft tree in his back yard.

Question: What was the make/model of that/those end fed dipoles which
I scanned at Field Day? I think that would be invisible unless it was
pointed out.

Fred Dittrich

Brian

Thanks !

Paul is on the list so he can see the make/model information.

At 06:56 PM 7/14/2018, you wrote:
[...]

Mike Morgan

You might research HFedz Antennas. I just received the HFedz 6m-80m. May not install for awhile. Mike, km0mvr.

At Field Day this year I scanned one or two end fed half wave
dipoles. At that time I was not interested in that antenna design so
I did not memorize the make/model(s) of any I scanned and did not
save any such scans.

I'm helping Paul KE0IKG to get on HF. The problem is that he rents a
downstairs only apartment which greatly limits his antenna choices,
and has a landlord who has in the past grouched at his dual band
antenna hoisted up in a 40-50 ft tree in his back yard.

Question: What was the make/model of that/those end fed dipoles which
I scanned at Field Day? I think that would be invisible unless it was
pointed out.

Fred Dittrich

Mike

Thanks for the suggestion.

At 07:21 PM 7/14/2018, you wrote:
You might research HFedz Antennas. I just received the HFedz 6m-80m. May not install for awhile. Mike, km0mvr.

At Field Day this year I scanned one or two end fed half wave
dipoles. At that time I was not interested in that antenna design so
I did not memorize the make/model(s) of any I scanned and did not
save any such scans.

I'm helping Paul KE0IKG to get on HF. The problem is that he rents a
downstairs only apartment which greatly limits his antenna choices,
and has a landlord who has in the past grouched at his dual band
antenna hoisted up in a 40-50 ft tree in his back yard.

Question: What was the make/model of that/those end fed dipoles which
I scanned at Field Day? I think that would be invisible unless it was
pointed out.

Alex Gray

Fred,

I believe that I was one of the end feds you scanned. (Thanks again by the way!).

Mine was the mfj model

On Jul 14, 2018, at 7:25 PM, Fred Dittrich <fdittric@...> wrote:

Mike

Thanks for the suggestion.

At 07:21 PM 7/14/2018, you wrote:
You might research HFedz Antennas. I just received the HFedz 6m-80m. May not install for awhile. Mike, km0mvr.

At Field Day this year I scanned one or two end fed half wave
dipoles. At that time I was not interested in that antenna design so
I did not memorize the make/model(s) of any I scanned and did not
save any such scans.

I'm helping Paul KE0IKG to get on HF. The problem is that he rents a
downstairs only apartment which greatly limits his antenna choices,
and has a landlord who has in the past grouched at his dual band
antenna hoisted up in a 40-50 ft tree in his back yard.

Question: What was the make/model of that/those end fed dipoles which
I scanned at Field Day? I think that would be invisible unless it was
pointed out.

Fred Dittrich

Alex

Thanks for the information. I'm sure Paul is listening and I expect that he will add this to his research.

http://www.mfjenterprises.com/Product.php?productid=MFJ-1982MP

At 07:21 PM 7/14/2018, you wrote:
You might research HFedz Antennas. I just received the HFedz 6m-80m. May not install for awhile. Mike, km0mvr.

At Field Day this year I scanned one or two end fed half wave
dipoles. At that time I was not interested in that antenna design so
I did not memorize the make/model(s) of any I scanned and did not
save any such scans.
I'm helping Paul KE0IKG to get on HF. The problem is that he rents a
downstairs only apartment which greatly limits his antenna choices,
and has a landlord who has in the past grouched at his dual band
antenna hoisted up in a 40-50 ft tree in his back yard.
Question: What was the make/model of that/those end fed dipoles which
I scanned at Field Day? I think that would be invisible unless it was
pointed out.

paul watt

Thanks to everyone that responded to Fred's inquiry!  After talking with Fred yesterday I really like the end fed dipoles for HF use.  Easy setup and take down yet effective and stealthy.  I will ket you guys know what I end up getting.

Thanks again and '73 to all
Paul KE0IKG

At 07:21 PM 7/14/2018, you wrote:
You might research HFedz Antennas. I just received the HFedz 6m-80m. May not install for awhile. Mike, km0mvr.

At Field Day this year I scanned one or two end fed half wave
dipoles. At that time I was not interested in that antenna design so
I did not memorize the make/model(s) of any I scanned and did not
save any such scans.
I'm helping Paul KE0IKG to get on HF. The problem is that he rents a
downstairs only apartment which greatly limits his antenna choices,
and has a landlord who has in the past grouched at his dual band
antenna hoisted up in a 40-50 ft tree in his back yard.
Question: What was the make/model of that/those end fed dipoles which
I scanned at Field Day? I think that would be invisible unless it was
pointed out.

H Jacobson

Hi Fred:

I have had great results with a par end fed qrp antenna that works 40, 20, and 10 meters.  I have worked all over the States and into Europe using 4 watts.

It only handles 20 watts, which may be a drawback.  Alex's mfj seemed pretty nice to me.

73

Hal, N8HSD