Re DMR repeater detail

Fred Dittrich

Don KM0R

I wonder if someone would please activate Parrot on the DMR repeater and give us configuration details?

Thanks

Chris Swisher

Fred, It is talkgroup 9990. TS 1 is preferred, and the parrot will record for up to 90 seconds, and play it back to you after the transmission is complete. It works, as I have tried it.

On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 6:22 PM Fred Dittrich <fdittric@...> wrote:
Don KM0R

I wonder if someone would please activate Parrot on the DMR repeater
and give us configuration details?

Thanks

Fred Dittrich

Chris

Where would I add this? In a Channel? In a Zone? In a Talk Group?

73

Fred

At 06:27 PM 9/18/2018, you wrote:

Fred, It is talkgroup 9990. TS 1 is preferred, and the parrot will record for up to 90 seconds, and play it back to you after the transmission is complete. It works, as I have tried it.

On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 6:22 PM Fred Dittrich <fdittric@...> wrote:
Don KM0R

I wonder if someone would please activate Parrot on the DMR repeater
and give us configuration details?

Thanks

Don - KM0R

Fred,

It would be the same as adding any other additional talk group for our repeater to your radio.  The easiest way is to duplicate one of the channels you already have for our repeater.  They be sure the new channel is set for Slot #1 and set the talk group to 9990.

Don

At 06:27 PM 9/18/2018, you wrote:

Fred, It is talkgroup 9990. TS 1 is preferred, and the parrot will record for up to 90 seconds, and play it back to you after the transmission is complete. It works, as I have tried it.

On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 6:22 PM Fred Dittrich <fdittric@...> wrote:

Don KM0R

I wonder if someone would please activate Parrot on the DMR repeater

and give us configuration details?

Thanks

Chris Swisher

I personally set my zones up based on the repeater I'm using. I added a channel in my Columbia zone with the K0SI tx/rx, color code 3 and slot 1. I generated a contact named Parrot with the ID 9990, and use it for the Talkgroup. Does that help?

At 06:27 PM 9/18/2018, you wrote:

Fred, It is talkgroup 9990. TS 1 is preferred, and the parrot will record for up to 90 seconds, and play it back to you after the transmission is complete. It works, as I have tried it.

On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 6:22 PM Fred Dittrich <fdittric@...> wrote:
Don KM0R
I wonder if someone would please activate Parrot on the DMR repeater
and give us configuration details?
Thanks

Fred Dittrich

Chris