[bcares] National Testing Exercise

Henry Taylor <hank008@...>

We didn't get anything.  We wonder how many others failed?  If it's lots, that's an important fact.  Thanks, Bill, for suggesting we report in.

Hank

On 10/02/2018 10:10 AM, Bill McFarland wrote:

Group, FYI:

  The IPAWS National Test September 17, 2018 The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), in coordination with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), will conduct a nationwide test of the Emergency Alert System (EAS) and Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEA) on the backup date of October 3, 2018 due to ongoing response efforts to Hurricane Florence. The WEA portion of the test commences at 2:18 p.m. EDT, and the EAS portion follows at 2:20 p.m. EDT. https://www.fema.gov/emergency-alert-test

I think it would be interesting to get an informal poll here about this test. Did you get anything? Was the message clear? did your friends wonder what was going on? etc...

Bill -- N0AXZ

BCARES -- EC

Bill McFarland - N0AXZ

Well Hank,
Since almost everyone else reports receiving the alert,  (I even got it down here in AR!) do you have any ideas why you did not? Like no cell service, uncooperative carrier??
Bill

On Wed, Oct 3, 2018 at 5:58 PM Henry Taylor <hank008@...> wrote:

[...]

Mike Morgan

Corey

Had company here at my home, Four of us recirved the tone, a minute later came across a cable channel on tv albeit not very clear to understand. Corey

On Wednesday, October 3, 2018, 10:32 PM, Mike Morgan <cavecritter@...> wrote:

Henry Taylor <hank008@...>

Well, like Dave Phelps said, some phones will and some won't.  His did, his wife's did not.  My wife's did not and mine was turned off.  Her cellphone reception is spotty here at the house and mine is zero (hence always off unless out and about) and it might be as simple as that.  We were home at the time.

But it is great to see the nearly universal success of the system.  This round of emails has been very useful.  I presume (or hope) that FEMA has others means of surveying how well the alert worked nationwide.

Thanks to everyone.

Hank

泰 勒
大胡子

On Oct 3, 2018, at 20:59, Bill McFarland <billmcfarland10@...> wrote:

[...]

Christopher Henke <a65sc80@...>

I did not receive it at my home where I send and receive texts and calls all day, 5 days a week, for my work but my wife's phone did receive it just fine.  There is an email address listed under FAQ #29 on this page https://www.fema.gov/emergency-alert-test# where you can provide specifics of your device, carrier, location, etc (they have a bulleted list of what info they want).  I sent my feedback last night.

Chris Henke

On Thu, Oct 4, 2018 at 5:54 AM Henry Taylor <hank008@...> wrote:
[...]

Byron Sherman

I got it.