FAA Publishes New Phonetic Alphabet – Aviation News That Matters

Henry Taylor <hank008@...>

Dunno if the first try worked so sending again. Disclaimer: not responsible

http://aviationdaily.news/2019/01/09/faa-publishes-new-phonetic-alphabet/

泰 勒
大胡子

Tim Spurgeon

Gang:

Is this a joke????

Many of the new phonetic words don't begin with the letter they are to represent. And you are going to throw foreigners in the mix, speaking in broken English.

I have seen some stupid ideas during my life, but his takes the cake.

73

Tim

W0TES

**********************************************8

Dunno if the first try worked so sending again. Disclaimer: not responsible

http://aviationdaily.news/2019/01/09/faa-publishes-new-phonetic-alphabet/

泰 勒
大胡子

Corey

Don’t worry Tim... its a joke.   Corey

On Monday, January 14, 2019, 8:06 PM, Tim Spurgeon <tims173@...> wrote:

Gang:

Is this a joke????

Many of the new phonetic words don't begin with the letter they are to represent.  And you are going to throw foreigners in the mix, speaking in broken English.

I have seen some stupid ideas during my life, but his takes the cake.

73

Tim

W0TES

**********************************************8

Dunno if the first try worked so sending again.  Disclaimer:  not responsible

http://aviationdaily.news/2019/01/09/faa-publishes-new-phonetic-alphabet/

泰 勒
大胡子

Gary Vaught - W9TIG

I was gonna say...

The phonetic alphabet was established by NATO, not the FCC. And you're gonna have a dickens of a time getting a lot of vets to swap "Quebec" for "Quran".

On Mon, Jan 14, 2019, 20:08 Corey <kc0yns@... wrote:
Don’t worry Tim... its a joke.   Corey

On Monday, January 14, 2019, 8:06 PM, Tim Spurgeon <tims173@...> wrote:

Gang:

Is this a joke????

Many of the new phonetic words don't begin with the letter they are to represent.  And you are going to throw foreigners in the mix, speaking in broken English.

I have seen some stupid ideas during my life, but his takes the cake.

73

Tim

W0TES

**********************************************8

Dunno if the first try worked so sending again.  Disclaimer:  not responsible

http://aviationdaily.news/2019/01/09/faa-publishes-new-phonetic-alphabet/

泰 勒
大胡子

Jim Biggerstaff N0TKN

Gary Vaught - W9TIG

Crap.  I didn't even "read" the title accurately - it says FAA, not FCC.  smh...

On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 9:17 PM jcbiggerstaff <jim.biggerstaff@...> wrote:
Joke it is.  Here is the rest of the story...  http://aviationdaily.news/2019/01/14/aviation-satire-website-proves-that-over-99-of-internet-users-are-clueless-rubes/
73,  Jim  N0TKN