Intro to CW class - please reply if interested

John Beatty

I'm planning an Intro to CW class the last two weeks in Feb.  Strictly an intro, learn the characters, numbers, and punctuation and other conversational responses like BT, SK, 73, TU and AR.  We'll also do some practice sending with keys.

It will be held at Lenoir Woods Senior Living Community in Columbia, MO., thanks to Mac K4CHS  Times would be 3 times per week -- 2 in the evening and once on Saturday morning for each week.   You're done in two weeks!   Training will be based on the Koch method, endorsed by the ARRL and is the most common learning path used by hams all over.  

Please reply if you would like to attend, so I can get a preliminary count for planning purposes.  Everyone is welcome of course.  Bring your kids if you want to sit in. 

John - NO0I

Gary Vaught - W9TIG

John, I'm interested but won't have time to do this until sometime in August, and I'd likely have to miss the Saturday class.

-
Best Regards,
Gary D Vaught

We can engineer a solution to nearly any problem you can accurately define.

- somewhat anonymous

On Tue, Jan 14, 2020 at 7:52 AM John Beatty <jebeatty@...> wrote:
I'm planning an Intro to CW class the last two weeks in Feb.  Strictly an intro, learn the characters, numbers, and punctuation and other conversational responses like BT, SK, 73, TU and AR.  We'll also do some practice sending with keys.

It will be held at Lenoir Woods Senior Living Community in Columbia, MO., thanks to Mac K4CHS  Times would be 3 times per week -- 2 in the evening and once on Saturday morning for each week.   You're done in two weeks!   Training will be based on the Koch method, endorsed by the ARRL and is the most common learning path used by hams all over.  

Please reply if you would like to attend, so I can get a preliminary count for planning purposes.  Everyone is welcome of course.  Bring your kids if you want to sit in. 

John - NO0I

--
W9TIG

Gary Vaught

Brian Moore

John
I am interested in attending the class. 

Brian Moore
573-424-0295

On Jan 14, 2020, at 7:51 AM, John Beatty <jebeatty@...> wrote:

John - NO0I

Byron Sherman

I live at Lenoir and might.like to sit in.  Haven't done cw in a long time.  Wes. AB0SE. 

Sent from my Sprint Phone.

-------- Original message --------
Date: 1/14/20 7:51 AM (GMT-06:00)
To: main@CMRA.groups.io
Subject: [CMRA] Intro to CW class - please reply if interested

John - NO0I

Henry Taylor <hank008@...>

John,

I too, like Wes, would like to sit in.  It's been a long time since I last tried.

Hank KD0BVQ

泰 勒
大胡子

On Jan 14, 2020, at 7:51 AM, John Beatty <jebeatty@...> wrote:

John - NO0I

Tim Spurgeon

John (NO0I):

Sign me up.

Tim (W0TES)

----- Original Message -----
To: "main" <main@CMRA.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2020 7:51:17 AM

I'm planning an *Intro to CW class* the last two weeks in Feb.  Strictly an intro, learn the characters, numbers, and punctuation and other conversational responses like BT, SK, 73, TU and AR.  We'll also do some practice sending with keys.

*Please reply if you would like to attend* , so I can get a preliminary count for planning purposes.  Everyone is welcome of course.  Bring your kids if you want to sit in.

John - NO0I

John Beatty

My thanks to everyone who replied. The attendees I have so far are:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brian Moore
Wes
Hank
Jim Barresi
Tim S.

If I missed someone my apologies, please let me know . I'll be sending out more details shortly. Still room for more, so if you have any questions just let me know.

John B. - NO0I

-----Original Message-----
From: main@CMRA.groups.io [mailto:main@CMRA.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tim Spurgeon
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2020 5:58 AM
To: main
Subject: Re: [CMRA] Intro to CW class - please reply if interested

John (NO0I):

Sign me up.

Tim (W0TES)

I'm planning an *Intro to CW class* the last two weeks in Feb.  Strictly an intro, learn the characters, numbers, and punctuation and other conversational responses like BT, SK, 73, TU and AR.  We'll also do some practice sending with keys.

*Please reply if you would like to attend* , so I can get a preliminary count for planning purposes.  Everyone is welcome of course.  Bring your kids if you want to sit in.

John - NO0I

John & Teri Haney

I think you missed me, John Haney (KE0TVT)

On Jan 15, 2020, at 09:13, John Beatty <jebeatty@...> wrote:

My thanks to everyone who replied. The attendees I have so far are:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brian Moore
Wes
Hank
Jim Barresi
Tim S.

If I missed someone my apologies, please let me know . I'll be sending out more details shortly. Still room for more, so if you have any questions just let me know.

John B. - NO0I

-----Original Message-----
From: main@CMRA.groups.io [mailto:main@CMRA.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tim Spurgeon
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2020 5:58 AM
To: main

John (NO0I):

Sign me up.

Tim (W0TES)

I'm planning an *Intro to CW class* the last two weeks in Feb. Strictly an intro, learn the characters, numbers, and punctuation and other conversational responses like BT, SK, 73, TU and AR. We'll also do some practice sending with keys.

It will be held at Lenoir Woods Senior Living Community in Columbia, MO., thanks to Mac K4CHS Times would be 3 times per week -- 2 in the evening and once on Saturday morning for each week. You're done in two weeks! Training will be based on the Koch method, endorsed by the ARRL and is the most common learning path used by hams all over.

*Please reply if you would like to attend* , so I can get a preliminary count for planning purposes. Everyone is welcome of course. Bring your kids if you want to sit in.

John - NO0I

John & Teri Haney

Count me in, john haney ke0tvt 

On Jan 14, 2020, at 07:52, John Beatty <jebeatty@...> wrote:

John - NO0I

ferickson

I too live at Lenoir and would be very interested. 
Fred Erickson, WD9IXA

Sent from my U.S.Cellular© Smartphone

Date: 1/14/20 7:58 AM (GMT-06:00)

I live at Lenoir and might.like to sit in.  Haven't done cw in a long time.  Wes. AB0SE. 

Sent from my Sprint Phone.

Date: 1/14/20 7:51 AM (GMT-06:00)

John - NO0I

Dave Davenport

I am interested

Dave
KE0OHV

John Beatty

Great, adding the following to the attendees to the class:

Fred E.                  WD9IXA

John Haney        KE0EVT

Dave                      KE0OHV

Will be in touch shortly.

Thanks !

John – NO0I

From: main@CMRA.groups.io [mailto:main@CMRA.groups.io] On Behalf Of dkdbdavenport@...
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2020 7:52 PM

I am interested

Dave
KE0OHV

Dave Davenport

I am interested.

Dave
KE0OHV

John Beatty

Ok Dave, got you in.
John - NO0I

From: main@CMRA.groups.io <main@CMRA.groups.io> on behalf of Dave Davenport <dkdbdavenport@...>
Sent: Friday, January 17, 2020 6:44:29 AM
To: main@cmra.groups.io <main@cmra.groups.io>

I am interested.

Dave
KE0OHV