RMS Relay Secure login failed. Incorrect password

Fred Dittrich

All

I have never received this error message before. Does anyone have an idea what the problem is?

Thanks

*** Connected to Winlink RMS: NS0A @ 2020/03/19 14:12:01  USB Dial: 3586.000 at 2020/03/19 14:12:01
*** Station Bearing: 032,  Range: 204 miles
RMS Trimode 1.3.29.0 Welcome to the NS0A Gateway in Geneseo,IL
AE0FD has 120 minutes remaining with NS0A
{SFI = 072 On 2020-03-19 11:00 UTC}
*** MTD Stats Total connects = 185 Total messages = 113
*** Today's Stats Total connects = 8 Total messages = 2
*** Current Propagation Indices SFI=72 A=6 K=2 Q=0.38
Message will be sent to a CMS through the Internet and also forwarded to the recipient via HF radio.
;WL2K-RMS_Relay
[WL2K-3.0.55.0-B2FWIHJM$]
;PQ: 64890045
NS0A RMS Relay >
   ;FW: AE0FD
   [RMS Express-1.5.26.0-B2FHM$]
   ;PR: 59219142
   ; NS0A DE AE0FD (EM38UX)
   FF
*** RMS Relay Secure login failed. Incorrect password. - Disconnecting (127.0.0.1)
*** Disconnected from Winlink RMS: NS0A @ 2020/03/19 14:14:46
*** Session: 2.7 min;  Avg Thruput: 0 Bytes/min;   1 Min Peak Thruput: 387 Bytes/min

Ralph Howard

Fred.
It looks like the node has a pawword issue with the Winlink server cloud.

Ralph Howard
WD6BGN

[...]

Ralph

So the issue is with the host and not with my configuration. Good.

At 10:13 AM 3/19/2020, you wrote:
[...]

I hosted for a while on VHF.  You have a special password to get in.  I had it off for a long period of time and get a similar message when my system trys to log in.  Ah a good project for this down time would be to get it back up.

Cheers.

Ralph Howard
WD6BGN

[...]

Bill McFarland - N0AXZ

Fred,
I hope you checked into K0SI on 40M and 80M and got through fine??
I can't get NS0A to answer my connect request at all. So you are doing better than me there.
Haven't seen that error message either.
Bill

At 10:13 AM 3/19/2020, you wrote:
[...]

I failed to get any response at all from either K0SI-80m or K0SI-40m.

At 11:21 AM 3/19/2020, you wrote:
Fred,
I hope you checked into K0SI on 40M and 80M and got through fine??
I can't get NS0A to answer my connect request at all. So you are doing better than me there.
Haven't seen that error message either.
BillÂ

At 10:13 AM 3/19/2020, you wrote:
[...]

Just connected fine to K0SI 40M dial=7.102, and 80M dial=3.585. Using ARDOP.
AT 1:26 PM

Don’t know what to suggest now.
Bill

At 10:13 AM 3/19/2020, you wrote:
[...]

Ah, that's the problem. Both of those frequencies are at the top of the Winmor Winlink host table when you sort for Path Reliability Estimate. If they are not going to respond to WW then it might be a good idea to remove them from that table.

At 01:28 PM 3/19/2020, you wrote:
Just connected fine to K0SI 40M dial=7.102, and 80M dial=3.585. Using ARDOP.Â
AT 1:26 PM

Bill McFarland - N0AXZ

Fred,
Well, they are suppose to respond to Winmor, as well as ARDOP. I always use ARDOP since it is faster, and some day the Winlink team says they are going to remove Winmor.
 I will see if Jim Lawler is out at ECC during these times, and have him reboot the node to see if that will get Winmor back up and running. Try using ARDOP from the session pull down.
I have seen in the logs that we have had Winmor connects. Jim didn't answer just now as I tried to call him. So we are only doing ARDOP for now.
bill

At 01:28 PM 3/19/2020, you wrote:
>Just connected fine to K0SI 40M dial=7.102, and 80M dial=3.585. Using ARDOP.Â
>AT 1:26 PM

Fred Dittrich

Bill

Thanks for the clarification and anomoly diagnosis.

At 02:18 PM 3/19/2020, you wrote:
Fred,
Well, they are suppose to respond to Winmor, as well as ARDOP. I always use ARDOP since it is faster, and some day the Winlink team says they are going to remove Winmor.
 I will see if Jim Lawler is out at ECC during these times, and have him reboot the node to see if that will get Winmor back up and running. Try using ARDOP from the session pull down.Â

At 01:28 PM 3/19/2020, you wrote:
>Just connected fine to K0SI 40M dial=7.102, and 80M dial=3.585. Using ARDOP.Â
>AT 1:26 PM

Bill McFarland - N0AXZ

Well, Jim was able to get to re-booting the Winlink node computer just before he left for the day.

Winmor is now answering OK, but it seems to be having trouble disconnecting, but finally after many short bursts it does disconnect.

Hope this helps.
ARDOP seems to be operating correctly.

At 01:28 PM 3/19/2020, you wrote:
>Just connected fine to K0SI 40M dial=7.102, and 80M dial=3.585. Using ARDOP.Â
>AT 1:26 PM

Fred Dittrich

Bill and Jim

Thanks for your effort.

FYI, in recent months I have noticed 100% of Winmor stations terminate the session with 8-10 short back and forth transmissions.

At 04:51 PM 3/19/2020, you wrote:
Well, Jim was able to get to re-booting the Winlink node computer just before he left for the day.Â

Winmor is now answering OK, but it seems to be having trouble disconnecting, but finally after many short bursts it does disconnect.

Hope this helps.Â