From: main@CMRA.groups.io <main@CMRA.groups.io> on behalf of Gary Vaught - W9TIG <gdv.pops@...>
Sent: Monday, May 11, 2020 8:36:01 AM
To: main@CMRA.groups.io <main@CMRA.groups.io>
Subject: [CMRA] How many HTs?

Hey folks,
I'm just curious how many HTs most of us are "running"?  I got all of my chargers stationed near my office area and now I've got 3 fully charged (or charging) HTs.

Is this normal in our group?

Gary Vaught - W9TIG

Thanks, Ralph!  I feel a bit more comfortable about having more than I can operate at any one time...

I doubt that I'll get more anytime soon, but at least I can get these setup to cover my immediate needs.

We can engineer a solution to nearly any problem you can accurately define.

- somewhat anonymous

On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 9:06 AM Ralph Howard <wd6bgn@...> wrote:
A little light.  :)
I think I still have every HT I ever owned.  Rough guess...12?  A gagle of Baofengs, flock of Wouxum, kenwood, tyt, Anytone, aircraft, marine, and CB.  And even an over the shoulder Drake 2m rig.
Whew,

Ralph Howard
WD6BGN

Tim Spurgeon

Gary,

I have four; no intent on buying more.

73

Tim
W0TES

On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 9:06 AM Ralph Howard <wd6bgn@hotmail.com> wrote:

A little light. :)
I think I still have every HT I ever owned. Rough guess...12? A gagle of
Baofengs, flock of Wouxum, kenwood, tyt, Anytone, aircraft, marine, and
CB. And even an over the shoulder Drake 2m rig.
Whew,

Ralph Howard
WD6BGN

paul watt

I've got 2, a wouxun and a anytone.  At some point I want to get another a one but right now I'm good
Paul KE0IKG

On May 11, 2020 08:36, Gary Vaught - W9TIG <gdv.pops@...> wrote:

Hey folks,
I'm just curious how many HTs most of us are "running"?  I got all of my chargers stationed near my office area and now I've got 3 fully charged (or charging) HTs.

Is this normal in our group?

Scott Vince

Yeasu FT 3D and Anytone 878
Scott
W9EQD
73

On May 11, 2020, at 10:46, paul watt <pbw65@...> wrote:

I've got 2, a wouxun and a anytone.  At some point I want to get another a one but right now I'm good
Paul KE0IKG

On May 11, 2020 08:36, Gary Vaught - W9TIG <gdv.pops@...> wrote:

Hey folks,
I'm just curious how many HTs most of us are "running"?  I got all of my chargers stationed near my office area and now I've got 3 fully charged (or charging) HTs.

Is this normal in our group?

Corey

Greeting Everyone, I’m only actively using one,Maybe two HT’s. Although like Ralph I’m probably sitting on at least twelve maybe more. I even have a really old Kenwood dual band rigs when new sold for over five hundred dollars, it can do cross band repeat, along with many other features ahead of its time. Corey

Corey Mesenbrink KC0YNS
RRI. Radio Relay International
Assistant EC for Boone County Mo.
Missouri Traffic Net 3.963
ARRL, ORS, OES, NTS,

On May 11, 2020, at 8:36 AM, Gary Vaught - W9TIG <gdv.pops@gmail.com> wrote:

Hey folks,
I'm just curious how many HTs most of us are "running"? I got all of my chargers stationed near my office area and now I've got 3 fully charged (or charging) HTs.

Is this normal in our group?

Gary Vaught - W9TIG

Thanks for all of the answers!

I'm currently sitting on my AnyTone D868-UV, my Yaesu FT-60, and a BaoFeng BF-F8HP.  All are dual-band, as most HTs are these days.  The AnyTone and the BaoFeng are both dual monitor.

I'm thinking that I can setup the Yaesu for the 61 repeater, the BaoFeng for the 76 repeater and monitor the 155 "open" transmissions or a weather alert freq, and have the AnyTone set for a couple of DMR channels that I haven't quite nailed down, as yet.  This would allow me to cover all of the bases (that I'm invested in) with my HTs.  I had thought that maybe it was a bit silly to have 3 at one time, but I'm beginning to see that isn't the case.