Field Day update

Bill McFarland - N0AXZ

Group,

Even though I think we only have seen 3 people respond to the previous call for participation that hadn't decided to operate from home, some FD planning continues:

I talked with the Superintendent at Rock Bridge State Park, and she said as far as they were concerned we could use the park as reserved constrained to the then local restrictions. I believe that currently that would mean one wave length at 144 MHz, (approximately 2 Meters), masks, and no more than 10 in one group. An issue she said we might have is that since they recently opened the park, they have had droves of people out on the weekends and the parking lots were full to running over on Saturdays! Who knows what that might be like on June 27?

So K0PHP has proposed that he bring the KOMU-TV truck equipped with big mast and 6 KW generator. (It needs some exercising). We don't believe we should bring out the trailer. We could put up a couple canopies on either side of the truck and run two stations for K0SI Field Day - 2020. Not enough room to run a station inside the truck.

Anyone wishing to bring their own go-kit and operate some distance from the TV truck would be welcome, and just use your own call sign, TV truck could supply you AC, with your long extension cord.

We could have pizza delivered to the crew, and wrap up about dark.

Comments???

paul watt

Bill since I've been licensed this is the first field day that I will be in town for!  Yeehaa count me in. :)
Thanks,
Paul KE0IKG

On May 22, 2020 13:26, Bill McFarland - N0AXZ <billmcfarland10@...> wrote:
[...]

Hillman, Richard E.

My plans have changed mightily with cancellations so I will be here for field day and Red Cross day too.  Let me know if I can help.

Richard AC0MP

On May 22, 2020, at 1:26 PM, Bill McFarland - N0AXZ <billmcfarland10@...> wrote:

[...]

Ok Richard thanks. More to come about both days.
Bill

On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 2:16 PM Hillman, Richard E. <hillmanr@...> wrote:
[...]

Got it Paul. More info to come.