Question

paul watt

Has anyone heard of this before?  The link below suggests as licensed hams we are giving up our 4th amendment freedom.. That's news to me.  I'd like to hear what your thoughts are.
Thanks and 73
Paul KE0IKG

https://pacificlegal.org/the-fccs-ham-radio-license-requirements-are-unconstitutional-its-time-to-fight-back/

Gary Vaught - W9TIG

I don't see anything in this article that points to a specific regulation or requirement that is tantamount to giving up our 4th Amendment rights.  It all seems very vague and hearsay to me, without further information.

Honestly, it looks like there's an opportunity for this guy to apply a loose interpretation of something and try to develop a class action suit, which would mean lot's o' cash for him and hams basically being pawns.

But I'm paranoid about people offering services to solve a problem that I didn't know I had.

We can engineer a solution to nearly any problem you can accurately define.

- somewhat anonymous

On Tue, Oct 6, 2020 at 7:09 PM paul watt <pbw65@...> wrote:

Has anyone heard of this before?  The link below suggests as licensed hams we are giving up our 4th amendment freedom.. That's news to me.  I'd like to hear what your thoughts are.
Thanks and 73
Paul KE0IKG

paul watt

Yes thanks Gary, that is what I was thinking too.  My dad was a ham back in the 70s and I grew up learning about the hobby and now I am licensed.  I've read many countless articles in QST over the years and have never heard or read anything about a potential 4th amendment violation.  At the same time I don't claim to be an expert authority on ham radio or the laws governing our hobby so I wanted to throw it out there and see what others thought.

Paul KE0IKG