I apologize that I didn’t get this out sooner! Time got away from me! You are receiving this either because your organization has signed up to participate in the Festival of Trees, or I have you for follow-up on my contact list. The Festival of Trees is in one month and the EXCITEMENT is building as I hear of the cool ideas groups are planning for their dioramas!
There is a planning meeting tonight at the Bob Lemone Building and everyone is welcome to pop in! It’s at 1900! We would love to see you!
Just to re-iterate the plans:
- Groups are decorating a 10 X 20 space in the back portion of the building. This area will be lit by the “trees”, no overhead lights.
- Each group will need to bring extension cords so we can get power to your area. We don’t anticipate lights to have an excessive amount of draw. However, please avoid using anything that would draw a lot of power (i.e., using a faux fireplace with the “heat” on) Most faux fireplaces have a “lights only” setting which should be fine, just no heat.
- Space can be open, use 2 10X10 popups, 1 10X20 pop-up, or construction of your choice.
Ideas of some of the groups are
- Using props such as a covered wagon, an old truck with a tree in the back, a “mock” ice skating rink
- Using inexpensive sheets hung from a framework or from the popups to create backdrops for their diorama. Barb Oakley was able to buy a pack of king sheets (I believe 6 for about $40) from Amazon.
- Space requires at least one tree with lights. However, more trees and/or lights is better!
- A Christmas shop will be available in the front room with proper lighting to sell or give away goodies, beverages, gift items, information, or swag. Note, we are trying to avoid duplicates. *Jane made a boo boo on this. I own my mistake!
- Groups will be allowed access to the Bob Lemone Building all week to setup as needed. Please let us know when you plan to setup so that we can ensure the space is unlocked.
- I do not have what everyone is selling/giving away etc. If you can give me updates on that, it would be helpful. It’s not required. The only requirement is that you participate in the Diorama to have space in the shop.
- If there is something you need assistance with, let us know! We may be able to help!
Groups that are currently committed are:
Police Foundation of Hallsville-Candy Canes
Red Top Christian Church
Hallsville Optimist Club-Multi-Flavored Candy Canes (my fault that there is a duplicate)
Hallsville High School Cheer Squad
Twisters Hockey League
Home School Co-Op
Hallsville Intermediate School Honor Choir
Little Rays of Sunshine Animal Rescue-Doggy Treats
New Horizons Church
Lennon’s Yellow Brick Road-Hot Chocolate
Hallsville Historical Society
There are a few people who haven’t gotten back to me as to whether they are participating. We are hoping to hit that magic 20 participants mark…if not more!
We still don’t have a confirmation on whether we can use an “old truck” for part of our display or if we have a Santa. If ANYONE can help us out in this area, please let me know! We are hoping to create a nice “photo” area for Santa to sit and for kiddos and family to get pictures!
If you have any suggestions, want to commit if you haven’t already, or know of last minute groups who would want to participate; please share and let me know by December 4th so that I can map out space for everyone based on their needs.
The committee looks forward to hearing from you!
On behalf of the HCDA Festival of Trees Committee