Topics

ARRL on the Purpose of Amateur Radio

Gary Vaught - W9TIG

I sent this earlier to a defunct email account (seems it's still in my contacts list).

For anyone who, like me, was unaware of the trademarked phrase in the email from ARRL, here is what I found:

Seems that it is an official motto, not the official name of the organization.

We can engineer a solution to nearly any problem you can accurately define.

- somewhat anonymous

From: ARRL Web site [Masked]
Date: Sun, Jan 17, 2021 at 3:00 PM
Subject: ARRL on the Purpose of Amateur Radio

ARRL on the Purpose of Amateur Radio

For over 100 years amateur radio and ARRL — the National Association for Amateur Radio® — have stood for the development of the science and art of communications, public service, and the enhancement of international goodwill. Amateur Radio’s long history and service to the public has solidified the well-earned reputation that “Amateur Radio saves lives.”

Amateur Radio Operators, due to their history of public service, their training, and the requirement that they be licensed by the FCC have earned their status as a component of critical communications infrastructure and as a reliable resource “when all else fails."

Amateur Radio is about development of communications and responsible public service. Its misuse is inconsistent with its history of service and its statutory charter. ARRL does not support its misuse for purposes inconsistent with these values and purposes.

ABOUT THIS EMAIL
This message was sent to ARRL members. If you have an ARRL user account, you can manage your email preferences at www.arrl.org/myarrl.

To unsubscribe from messages, go to:
%oolink%