Bull Session

Wes Sherman <b.sherman@...>

First, I appreciated what I learned from Bill and everyone in Froze Toes today.  You folks always make it fun, while you teach me a lot.

We chatted about the possible bull session coming in late March.  The target would be Smith Chart, but a bit of preliminary material will be needed first.  No calculus.  I am hoping to help intuition.  I need a little time to try some hardware demos.

I would like Sat March 24, but have a conflict right now.  Would Sat. March 31 be too late for anyone?  My thought is, we do these one at a time, maybe two total.  More if we are having fun.  "Bull Session" means there are no rules.

The names I have so far are:  Corey, Dale, Fred, Greg WB0AQV, Hank, Jake, Joe, John, Mel (Fulton), Michael, Nathan, Richard, Bill, Mike KD0LIG, Mike KD0ADB.  If you want to be added, just email me.  I am looking for a good classroom.

73
wes sherman
ab0se

Henry Taylor <hank008@...>

Wes,

31st works for me. Any time really. This is priority for me. You name the days, I'll be there.

Hank

At 05:57 PM 2/26/2012, you wrote:
[...]

<mailto:b.sherman@...>b.sherman@...

Fred Dittrich <fdittric@...>

Wes

Whoopie !!! Count me in. March 31 is clear on my Pocket PC. (Oope, I'm dating myself a bit there.)

73

Fred  KD0PAI

At 05:57 PM 2/26/2012, Wes Sherman wrote:

[...]

b.sherman@...

Hillman, Richard E.

I'll be giving a talk in SC on the 31. Let me know if there is another date as well. Thanks for doing it.

Richard

Richard E. Hillman

On Feb 26, 2012, at 5:57 PM, "Wes Sherman" <b.sherman@...<mailto:b.sherman@...>> wrote:

[...]

b.sherman@...<mailto:b.sherman@...>

Wes Sherman <b.sherman@...>

Let us know if the following weekend will work. We'll try to maximize.

wes

[...]

April 7 is the MO QSO party. Otherwise ok by me.

Richard

Richard E. Hillman

On Feb 26, 2012, at 6:21 PM, "Wes Sherman" <b.sherman@...> wrote:

[...]

I wonder if both could be done on the same day. I am thinking of a 9:00 - 12:00 time frame for about 15 or 20 of us.

wes

[...]

Sounds good to me, but if the 31 is better for everyone else please go ahead.

Richard E. Hillman

On Feb 26, 2012, at 7:03 PM, "Wes Sherman" <b.sherman@...> wrote:

[...]

Corey

Wes,   Any date you pick is good for myself, Keep in mind the CMRA has talked about doing a lunch type BBQ that day too.(Mo. QSO PARTY)..It may be a little much........March, 31 sounds good... Count me in whatever date is chosen...Will be tough to make a schedule to fit everyone..Just my two cents worth.....Thank, Corey

I wonder if both could be done on the same day.  I am thinking of a 9:00 -
12:00 time frame for about 15 or 20 of us.

wes

> April 7 is the MO QSO party.  Otherwise ok by me.
>
> Richard
>
> Richard E. Hillman
>

> On Feb 26, 2012, at 6:21 PM, "Wes Sherman" <b.sherman@...>
> wrote:
>
>> Let us know if the following weekend will work.  We'll try to maximize.
>>
>> wes

Wes Sherman <b.sherman@...>

Thanks, Corey.  I don't feel inclined to compete with another scheduled event.  If we postpone too far, we'll lose some for the summer.  We'll see what we get when we hear from everyone.

wes

Sent: Sunday, February 26, 2012 7:18 PM

Wes,   Any date you pick is good for myself, Keep in mind the CMRA has talked about doing a lunch type BBQ that day too.(Mo. QSO PARTY)..It may be a little much........March, 31 sounds good... Count me in whatever date is chosen...Will be tough to make a schedule to fit everyone..Just my two cents worth.....Thank, Corey

I wonder if both could be done on the same day.  I am thinking of a 9:00 -
12:00 time frame for about 15 or 20 of us.

wes

> April 7 is the MO QSO party.  Otherwise ok by me.
>
> Richard
>
> Richard E. Hillman
>

> On Feb 26, 2012, at 6:21 PM, "Wes Sherman" <b.sherman@...>
> wrote:
>
>> Let us know if the following weekend will work.  We'll try to maximize.
>>
>> wes

Michael J. Hauan

MO QSO party is March 31-April 1 (probably because Easter falls on the following weekend) so I'd advise another date for the bull session.   As Corey mentioned, the club has been talking about both working the contest and having a picnic or comparable festivity that weekend.

Between now and then we've got to get the new dipole up but that should be a quick job.  I've already secured the end-fed HF antenna.  Last Friday, while installing the gear for the CPD, Don and I took down the old dipole and devised and tested a plan for installing the new feed line using the old feed line as a pull.

I'm off this weekend.  Anyone available for an antenna party?

For my part, that last week of March will be my boys' spring break from school. Were heading to Fargo, ND and my Mom's house so I'll be missing the QSO party.  Maybe I'll try to make contact from up there!

73!

Michael James Hauan
-------------------------------
email:  mjh@...
home:  573-642-8150
cell:  573-823-7114

On Feb 26, 2012, at 6:10 PM, Fred Dittrich wrote:

[...]

We will definitely not conflict with the qso party.  We will strike that date.

wes

Sent: Sunday, February 26, 2012 7:54 PM

[...]

Joe Casler <joe.casler@...>

Wes,

  As far as I'm concerned any date is good.  I do have some weekends filled, but pick a date and if I can make it I will.

Joe

On Feb 26, 2012, at 17:57, "Wes Sherman" <b.sherman@...> wrote:

[...]

Thanks, Joe.  We have many competing events, so we'll just do our best.

[...]

larsendr2002

All --

I am not sure if you have seen this website. Ward Harrison AE6TY,
produced some software, SimSmith that simulates an antenna, feedline
network and plots the results on a smith chart. there are several PDF
documents to explain how it works and several movies showing how to
use the software for specific problems.

http://ae6ty.com/Smith_Charts.html

I found it very useful.

Dave, KV0S

Thanks, Joe.  We have many competing events, so we'll just do our best.

  As far as I'm concerned any date is good.  I do have some weekends filled,
but pick a date and if I can make it I will.

Joe

Sent from my iPhone

[...]

KV0S - Dave Larsen
Columbia, MO, USA