From: "Michael James Hauan" <mjh@...>
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 8:59 PM
To: "Central Missouri Radio Association" <cmra@...>
Subject: [CMRA] Club station antenna work

McKenzie, Wayland

Count me in.

Mac

From: cmra-bounces@... [cmra-bounces@...] on behalf of Michael James Hauan [mjh@...]
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 8:59 PM
To: Central Missouri Radio Association

I'm planning an antenna diagnostic session at the club station this Saturday at noon. (Clearance just in from the XYL!) We need to assess the state of the beam and the other antennae and to plan repairs on at least one antenna, possible a couple, for low-band work. I'll bring my antenna analyzer but we could likely make good use of more. If time and weather permit, we may start repairs but I expect we'll need to schedule another session to complete that.

Hope to see you there!

Michael James Hauan, ACØG
email: ac0g@...
home: 573-642-8150
cell: 573-823-7114

Michael J. Hauan

The grand objective is to have a fully functioning station on as many bands as possible.

More immediately, we want to get some low band coverage for the Missouri QSO party in early April.  The beam works (last time I checked) so that means 10-15-20m we've got.  But we've lost  40m and/or 80m since both a dipole and a loop have fallen down.  I'm not sure what we've got above 10m, either.

The remnants of the fallen antennae are there but we'll almost certainly have to re-think and re-outfit the guys and maybe the feed lines, too.

If it seems workable, we might be able to get some of the work done.  I've got some tower-climbing gear.  Anyone know if we need a ladder?  I'll bring mine if we do.  I have a slingshot I'll bring, too, though I haven't yet merged it with a reel…   And Westlake is just across the street, if we need it.

mjh

Michael James Hauan
-------------------------------
email:  mjh@...
home:  573-642-8150
cell:  573-823-7114

On Jan 11, 2012, at 10:48 PM, Wes Sherman wrote:

I missed some of the antenna discussion.  (I have a hearing loss which isn't
helped much by hearing aids).  Could you give me some details of symptoms?
Need any instruments? etc. Which band and which antenna?  I might be able to
come.

73
wes

Do to a prior comment, I won't be able to participate. Sorry, I need the experience. Mike.