Topics

Digital communications resources

Fred Dittrich <fdittric@...>

Hi

On the Wednesday net I mentioned an arrl web site which has > 100 powerpoint slides describing Narrow Band Emergency Messaging Software. The url is arrl.org/nbems. This web page describes the fldigi family of programs and how to use them.

I stumbled upon a web site giving very detailed installation and use instructions for the fldigi family of programs: http://panbems.org/ My favorite program on their site is a program called CheckSR.exe which analyzes your sound card and gives you offset parameters to enter inside fldigi so that the frequency offsets from your dial frequency are accurate.

Ham radio is a large tent and if you live in the SSB and CW part I invite you to come over and visit the digital mode part if only to understand what it is all about.

73

Fred KD0PAI