Frozen Toes Bike Race Support

Bill McFarland <wmcfarland@...>

CMRA,

The Frozen Toes Bike Race will be held Sunday 2/26 and we need some more hams to help with the communications around the 30 mile loop.
We need to cover 5 corners, start/finish and a NCS, minimum. Total time for the event will be about 6 hours, beginning at 9:00 am. If you can help for only a part of this time, we can run shifts in and out, within the starting time gaps. For instance Wes, and Hank will be a tag-team.

So far I have the following operators committing some time for the event.

AB0SE, KD0BVQ, K4CHS, N0OFJ, KC0MGG, WH6EB, and Command 2 vehicle for NCS supplied by Capt Swisher of the Boone County Fire District.

The race times are:

9:00 am

Road Race

Men

Master 40+ Cat 1/2/3/4

31 miles

9:05 am

Road Race

Men

Senior 19-29 Cat 5

31 miles

9:10 am

Road Race

Women

Senior 18+ Cat 1/2/3/4

31 miles

9:10 am

Road Race

Women

Senior 18+ Cat 4

31 miles

9:15 am

Road Race

Mixed

Junior 12-18 Cat 4/5

31 miles

12:00pm

Road Race

Men

Senior 18+ Pro/Cat 1/2/3

62 miles

12:05 pm

Road Race

Men

Senior 18+ Cat 3/4

31 miles

12:10 pm

Road Race

Men

Senior 18+ Cat 4/5

31 miles

12:25pm

Road Race

Men

Senior 30+ Cat 5

31 miles

This is a fun and easy event, so if you can spend some time with your 2M radio (20W+) on Sunday, please let me know. There’s a corner waiting for you at this time!

Thanks,
bill, N0AXZ

Wes Sherman <b.sherman@...>

Bill, if you get in strong need of more help, I can probably arrange to do a.m. as well.

wes

Sent: Sunday, February 19, 2012 7:47 PM
Subject: [CMRA] Frozen Toes Bike Race Support

[...]

McKenzie, Wayland

Hi Bill and road racers,

I would like to have an early corner so I can take a break before my afternoon assignment.

Mac