FW: [CMRA] You are invited to the Mid Mo Amateur Radio Club meeting with Special Speaker Tim Duffy

Herb Watchinski Jr

W0ZB and I plan to attend this meeting.  I will be taking the Battleship Missouri (89 Lincoln Town Car) and therefore can accommodate others.  If you are interested in going and not driving the entire distance we will meet at the park & ride on the southeast corner of the intersection of US 63 and Grindstone Parkway/AC at 1800 on Thursday September 8, 2022. If you want to ride along let me know as soon as possible using the email address(s) below so I will have time to print your ride along tickets.

Herb

Herb Watchinski Jr

K0ZB

5604 Nearpoint Court

Columbia, MO 65203-8769

573.875.0440 Fax

573.355.1166 Mobile

herb@...

K0ZB@...

Herb Watchinski Jr

5604 Nearpoint Court

Columbia, MO 65203-8769

573.875.0440 Fax

573.355.1166 Mobile

herb@...

From: Jim Branson- N0LBY <
james.v.branson@...>
Date: Wed, Aug 31, 2022 at 11:41 AM
Subject: [MMARC-JeffCity] Tim Duffy - K3LR is the presenter for Sept 8th Club meeting #Meeting_Notice
To: <
MMARC-JeffCity@groups.io>

MMARC Meeting
Time:  7PM September 8th
Cole County Sheriff's Office
350 E. High St Jefferson City, MO 65101
Presentation:   Tim Duffy - K3LR Contest Station

Tim Duffy is the Chief Executive Officer for DX Engineering. Licensed in 1972, he is very active on the HF bands. K3LR enjoys hosting multi multi DX radio contest events. Tim likes to help bring new people into the hobby by mentoring them in the fun of amateur radio. Tim is president of his local ham club, the Mercer County Amateur Radio Club. He is active in RACES, ACS and ARES. Tim is a member of the CQ Contest Hall of Fame and was on Team USA for the World Radio Team Championship (WRTC) five times. Tim is the founder and chairman of Contest University (CTU). He is chairman of the World Wide Radio Operators Foundation (WWROF). Tim is a graduate of the Pennsylvania State University.   Tim is the recipient of the 2015 Amateur of the Year Award presented by the Dayton Hamvention® Awards Committee and the 2016 YASME Excellence Award.

Tim will be giving the MMARC a presentation of the
K3LR station designed and engineered specifically for Multi Multi DX Contest Competition Operations.

Some quick interesting notes on Contest Station K3LR:
Thirteen Towers
Twenty-six Rotor controllers
Bencher keys
All Amplifiers are Homebrew single band
Radios - twelve Icom IC-7851's and two Icom IC-7850's

Join us in person at the Cole County Sheriff's Office 350 E. High St Jefferson City, MO 65101.   Tim is a very busy person.  We are very fortunate that we managed to get on his schedule.

Jim Branson - N0LBY
MMARC - Vice President
Field Day Chairman